Apr 5, 2012, 8:43 PM EST
Derrick Rose has said he will not play Thursday night as the Bulls take on the Celtics, but he will play Sunday when Chicago takes on the Knicks.
That according to a tweet from K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. Previously Coach Tom Thibodeau had said at his pregame media session (more than an hour before tipoff) that he did not know if Rose would play. Rose just started full contact practices on Wednesday following his groin injury.
Rose has now been out a dozen games. The Bulls have been able to hold on to the top seed in the east (thanks in part to the Heat slumping also) but have lost two in a row heading into Thursday night.
Sunday’s game against the Knicks carries importance as it very well could be a first round playoffs preview in the East. The Knicks are fighting to hang on to the eight seed as the Milwaukee Bucks make a charge.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2