Apr 5, 2012, 8:43 PM EST
Derrick Rose has said he will not play Thursday night as the Bulls take on the Celtics, but he will play Sunday when Chicago takes on the Knicks.
That according to a tweet from K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. Previously Coach Tom Thibodeau had said at his pregame media session (more than an hour before tipoff) that he did not know if Rose would play. Rose just started full contact practices on Wednesday following his groin injury.
Rose has now been out a dozen games. The Bulls have been able to hold on to the top seed in the east (thanks in part to the Heat slumping also) but have lost two in a row heading into Thursday night.
Sunday’s game against the Knicks carries importance as it very well could be a first round playoffs preview in the East. The Knicks are fighting to hang on to the eight seed as the Milwaukee Bucks make a charge.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28