Apr 5, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
Derrick Rose has said he will not play Thursday night as the Bulls take on the Celtics, but he will play Sunday when Chicago takes on the Knicks.
That according to a tweet from K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. Previously Coach Tom Thibodeau had said at his pregame media session (more than an hour before tipoff) that he did not know if Rose would play. Rose just started full contact practices on Wednesday following his groin injury.
Rose has now been out a dozen games. The Bulls have been able to hold on to the top seed in the east (thanks in part to the Heat slumping also) but have lost two in a row heading into Thursday night.
Sunday’s game against the Knicks carries importance as it very well could be a first round playoffs preview in the East. The Knicks are fighting to hang on to the eight seed as the Milwaukee Bucks make a charge.
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 0
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 2
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 2
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 30
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (120)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay