Apr 5, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
Derrick Rose has said he will not play Thursday night as the Bulls take on the Celtics, but he will play Sunday when Chicago takes on the Knicks.
That according to a tweet from K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. Previously Coach Tom Thibodeau had said at his pregame media session (more than an hour before tipoff) that he did not know if Rose would play. Rose just started full contact practices on Wednesday following his groin injury.
Rose has now been out a dozen games. The Bulls have been able to hold on to the top seed in the east (thanks in part to the Heat slumping also) but have lost two in a row heading into Thursday night.
Sunday’s game against the Knicks carries importance as it very well could be a first round playoffs preview in the East. The Knicks are fighting to hang on to the eight seed as the Milwaukee Bucks make a charge.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4