Apr 4, 2012, 12:23 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Some good thoughts on the one-and-done rule for college players — nobody likes it, but everybody has issues with the alternatives.
• Things are getting ugly between the Maloofs and Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson in getting an arena plan in place. Don’t be shocked if the league, Sacramento and AEG make a deal for an arena in Sacramento with or without the Maloofs.
• Looking at the Bucks and Knicks schedules down the stretch as they fight for the eight seed and the right to get smoked by the Bulls in the first round.
• Remembering the time Hall of Fame coach Don Nelson made the rich guy take the last shot.
• How would Mike D’Antoni look as the Clippers coach?
• We talk all the time about blowing up and rebuilding struggling teams, but should you consider doing the same to a team stuck in the middle of the pack?
• Al Horford is back, taking part in non-contact practices with the Hawks (remember he tore his pectoral muscle). He will be back before the playoffs.
• Shaquille O’Neal is working with the city fathers of Newark to bring an NBA team in there once the Nets leave for Brooklyn. Good luck with that.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 0
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9