Apr 4, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Some good thoughts on the one-and-done rule for college players — nobody likes it, but everybody has issues with the alternatives.
• Things are getting ugly between the Maloofs and Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson in getting an arena plan in place. Don’t be shocked if the league, Sacramento and AEG make a deal for an arena in Sacramento with or without the Maloofs.
• Looking at the Bucks and Knicks schedules down the stretch as they fight for the eight seed and the right to get smoked by the Bulls in the first round.
• Remembering the time Hall of Fame coach Don Nelson made the rich guy take the last shot.
• How would Mike D’Antoni look as the Clippers coach?
• We talk all the time about blowing up and rebuilding struggling teams, but should you consider doing the same to a team stuck in the middle of the pack?
• Al Horford is back, taking part in non-contact practices with the Hawks (remember he tore his pectoral muscle). He will be back before the playoffs.
• Shaquille O’Neal is working with the city fathers of Newark to bring an NBA team in there once the Nets leave for Brooklyn. Good luck with that.
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 0
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19