Apr 4, 2012, 12:23 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Some good thoughts on the one-and-done rule for college players — nobody likes it, but everybody has issues with the alternatives.
• Things are getting ugly between the Maloofs and Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson in getting an arena plan in place. Don’t be shocked if the league, Sacramento and AEG make a deal for an arena in Sacramento with or without the Maloofs.
• Looking at the Bucks and Knicks schedules down the stretch as they fight for the eight seed and the right to get smoked by the Bulls in the first round.
• Remembering the time Hall of Fame coach Don Nelson made the rich guy take the last shot.
• How would Mike D’Antoni look as the Clippers coach?
• We talk all the time about blowing up and rebuilding struggling teams, but should you consider doing the same to a team stuck in the middle of the pack?
• Al Horford is back, taking part in non-contact practices with the Hawks (remember he tore his pectoral muscle). He will be back before the playoffs.
• Shaquille O’Neal is working with the city fathers of Newark to bring an NBA team in there once the Nets leave for Brooklyn. Good luck with that.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20