Apr 4, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Some good thoughts on the one-and-done rule for college players — nobody likes it, but everybody has issues with the alternatives.
• Things are getting ugly between the Maloofs and Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson in getting an arena plan in place. Don’t be shocked if the league, Sacramento and AEG make a deal for an arena in Sacramento with or without the Maloofs.
• Looking at the Bucks and Knicks schedules down the stretch as they fight for the eight seed and the right to get smoked by the Bulls in the first round.
• Remembering the time Hall of Fame coach Don Nelson made the rich guy take the last shot.
• How would Mike D’Antoni look as the Clippers coach?
• We talk all the time about blowing up and rebuilding struggling teams, but should you consider doing the same to a team stuck in the middle of the pack?
• Al Horford is back, taking part in non-contact practices with the Hawks (remember he tore his pectoral muscle). He will be back before the playoffs.
• Shaquille O’Neal is working with the city fathers of Newark to bring an NBA team in there once the Nets leave for Brooklyn. Good luck with that.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 23
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 21
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27