Apr 4, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Some good thoughts on the one-and-done rule for college players — nobody likes it, but everybody has issues with the alternatives.
• Things are getting ugly between the Maloofs and Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson in getting an arena plan in place. Don’t be shocked if the league, Sacramento and AEG make a deal for an arena in Sacramento with or without the Maloofs.
• Looking at the Bucks and Knicks schedules down the stretch as they fight for the eight seed and the right to get smoked by the Bulls in the first round.
• Remembering the time Hall of Fame coach Don Nelson made the rich guy take the last shot.
• How would Mike D’Antoni look as the Clippers coach?
• We talk all the time about blowing up and rebuilding struggling teams, but should you consider doing the same to a team stuck in the middle of the pack?
• Al Horford is back, taking part in non-contact practices with the Hawks (remember he tore his pectoral muscle). He will be back before the playoffs.
• Shaquille O’Neal is working with the city fathers of Newark to bring an NBA team in there once the Nets leave for Brooklyn. Good luck with that.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record