Apr 4, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
No, we mean it this time. He really could be back and playing.
Derrick Rose returned to a full contact practice on Wednesday and he could return Thursday when the Bulls take on the Celtics, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“I really don’t know. I felt good, but me playing tomorrow, I don’t know. I’m able to run a little bit more, but not at my top speed,” said Rose after practice. “I really can’t explain, unless you’ve had the injury.
“[I] definitely [feel better]. I’m running, able to move a little bit more, so I’m getting healthy,” he continued. “I’ve taken three weeks off — or two weeks off, however many I’ve taken off — my conditioning is definitely a worry, but in basketball, you should be able to fight through it.
The report goes on to say Rose looked “okay” but a little tentative and out of shape in practice, which is too be expected after he missed 11 games with a groin injury. These injuries are easy to aggravate, so the Bulls are being cautious.
For the first time this season the Bulls have lost two in a row, having Rose back in any condition would be a big boost.
The Bulls next game after Thursday is Sunday against the Knicks. While Boston may be iffy, I’ll bet you he is back and playing by Sunday.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29