Apr 4, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
No, we mean it this time. He really could be back and playing.
Derrick Rose returned to a full contact practice on Wednesday and he could return Thursday when the Bulls take on the Celtics, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“I really don’t know. I felt good, but me playing tomorrow, I don’t know. I’m able to run a little bit more, but not at my top speed,” said Rose after practice. “I really can’t explain, unless you’ve had the injury.
“[I] definitely [feel better]. I’m running, able to move a little bit more, so I’m getting healthy,” he continued. “I’ve taken three weeks off — or two weeks off, however many I’ve taken off — my conditioning is definitely a worry, but in basketball, you should be able to fight through it.
The report goes on to say Rose looked “okay” but a little tentative and out of shape in practice, which is too be expected after he missed 11 games with a groin injury. These injuries are easy to aggravate, so the Bulls are being cautious.
For the first time this season the Bulls have lost two in a row, having Rose back in any condition would be a big boost.
The Bulls next game after Thursday is Sunday against the Knicks. While Boston may be iffy, I’ll bet you he is back and playing by Sunday.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5