Apr 4, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
No, we mean it this time. He really could be back and playing.
Derrick Rose returned to a full contact practice on Wednesday and he could return Thursday when the Bulls take on the Celtics, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“I really don’t know. I felt good, but me playing tomorrow, I don’t know. I’m able to run a little bit more, but not at my top speed,” said Rose after practice. “I really can’t explain, unless you’ve had the injury.
“[I] definitely [feel better]. I’m running, able to move a little bit more, so I’m getting healthy,” he continued. “I’ve taken three weeks off — or two weeks off, however many I’ve taken off — my conditioning is definitely a worry, but in basketball, you should be able to fight through it.
The report goes on to say Rose looked “okay” but a little tentative and out of shape in practice, which is too be expected after he missed 11 games with a groin injury. These injuries are easy to aggravate, so the Bulls are being cautious.
For the first time this season the Bulls have lost two in a row, having Rose back in any condition would be a big boost.
The Bulls next game after Thursday is Sunday against the Knicks. While Boston may be iffy, I’ll bet you he is back and playing by Sunday.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 7
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 12
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27