Apr 4, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
No, we mean it this time. He really could be back and playing.
Derrick Rose returned to a full contact practice on Wednesday and he could return Thursday when the Bulls take on the Celtics, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“I really don’t know. I felt good, but me playing tomorrow, I don’t know. I’m able to run a little bit more, but not at my top speed,” said Rose after practice. “I really can’t explain, unless you’ve had the injury.
“[I] definitely [feel better]. I’m running, able to move a little bit more, so I’m getting healthy,” he continued. “I’ve taken three weeks off — or two weeks off, however many I’ve taken off — my conditioning is definitely a worry, but in basketball, you should be able to fight through it.
The report goes on to say Rose looked “okay” but a little tentative and out of shape in practice, which is too be expected after he missed 11 games with a groin injury. These injuries are easy to aggravate, so the Bulls are being cautious.
For the first time this season the Bulls have lost two in a row, having Rose back in any condition would be a big boost.
The Bulls next game after Thursday is Sunday against the Knicks. While Boston may be iffy, I’ll bet you he is back and playing by Sunday.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18