Apr 4, 2012, 6:37 PM EST
As if losing 10 of their last 11 was not enough of a tank job, the Cavaliers will be without their soon-to-be Rookie of the Year.
Irving had returned after missing one game with the injury and played 30 minutes against the Spurs. The team said in a release that the 20-year-old guard worsened his injury after contact and did not accompany the team to Milwaukee for Wednesday night’s game.
I’d say this would have the Cavaliers taking a step back, but there are not many more steps back they can take. The question has become how they do in the lottery and who they can get to pair with Irving.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 3
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 11
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 16
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49