Apr 4, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
As if losing 10 of their last 11 was not enough of a tank job, the Cavaliers will be without their soon-to-be Rookie of the Year.
Irving had returned after missing one game with the injury and played 30 minutes against the Spurs. The team said in a release that the 20-year-old guard worsened his injury after contact and did not accompany the team to Milwaukee for Wednesday night’s game.
I’d say this would have the Cavaliers taking a step back, but there are not many more steps back they can take. The question has become how they do in the lottery and who they can get to pair with Irving.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4