Apr 4, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
As if losing 10 of their last 11 was not enough of a tank job, the Cavaliers will be without their soon-to-be Rookie of the Year.
Irving had returned after missing one game with the injury and played 30 minutes against the Spurs. The team said in a release that the 20-year-old guard worsened his injury after contact and did not accompany the team to Milwaukee for Wednesday night’s game.
I’d say this would have the Cavaliers taking a step back, but there are not many more steps back they can take. The question has become how they do in the lottery and who they can get to pair with Irving.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 51
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3