Apr 4, 2012, 9:26 AM EST
Bynum said Tuesday he would try to go Wednesday despite his sprained ankle, reports Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register. Ding also adds that Bynum seemed to be walking around fairly well on his ankle Tuesday night.
But of course, that’s not the only issue going on around Andrew Bynum — there is always drama around the Lakers. The latest is Bynum being fined for the team for some immature and insubordinate comments, then not showing up to a meeting with GM Mitch Kupchak to discuss it.
Lakers coach Mike Brown is on the front line of any Bynum issue, and he says he doesn’t have one. Even through Bynum disrespects Brown’s team huddles. Again from Ding at the Register.
“I don’t have a problem with Bynum,” Brown said while fielding a series of questions about Bynum and a perceived lack of professionalism.
Brown said he wasn’t about to “overreact … I’m not about to do that right now.”
But later maybe?
Bynum is going to do what he wants because he has the leverage right now — the Lakers are going to pick up his option for next season ($16.1 million) and after that he becomes a free agent in 2013. The Lakers will try to sign him to a max extension, but Bynum has a lot of leverage here. And things clearly frustrate him
But for now, he’s likely going to go on Wednesday night against the athletic Clippers front line.
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 0
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)