Apr 3, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
The Heat have announced that Miami Heat guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers with a knee injury. According to the Heat, Wade is “day-to-day.”
This will be the 10th game the 30-year old Wade has missed this season. When healthy, Wade has been amazing — he’s currently averaging 22.8 points per game on 50.3% shooting from the field, and is 2nd in the NBA in PER this season. According to the Heat, Wade’s knee was “banged up” in Sunday’s game against the Celtics, when Wade scored only 15 points on 6-17 shooting from the field.
The Heat have lost 3 of their last 5 games, with all 3 of their losses coming by double-digits, so they’re certainly hoping that Wade will be back in the lineup sooner rather than later, especially considering that the Heat play the red-hot Thunder on Wednesday night.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4