Apr 3, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
The Heat have announced that Miami Heat guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers with a knee injury. According to the Heat, Wade is “day-to-day.”
This will be the 10th game the 30-year old Wade has missed this season. When healthy, Wade has been amazing — he’s currently averaging 22.8 points per game on 50.3% shooting from the field, and is 2nd in the NBA in PER this season. According to the Heat, Wade’s knee was “banged up” in Sunday’s game against the Celtics, when Wade scored only 15 points on 6-17 shooting from the field.
The Heat have lost 3 of their last 5 games, with all 3 of their losses coming by double-digits, so they’re certainly hoping that Wade will be back in the lineup sooner rather than later, especially considering that the Heat play the red-hot Thunder on Wednesday night.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7