Apr 3, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
The Heat have announced that Miami Heat guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers with a knee injury. According to the Heat, Wade is “day-to-day.”
This will be the 10th game the 30-year old Wade has missed this season. When healthy, Wade has been amazing — he’s currently averaging 22.8 points per game on 50.3% shooting from the field, and is 2nd in the NBA in PER this season. According to the Heat, Wade’s knee was “banged up” in Sunday’s game against the Celtics, when Wade scored only 15 points on 6-17 shooting from the field.
The Heat have lost 3 of their last 5 games, with all 3 of their losses coming by double-digits, so they’re certainly hoping that Wade will be back in the lineup sooner rather than later, especially considering that the Heat play the red-hot Thunder on Wednesday night.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 74
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32