Apr 3, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
The Heat have announced that Miami Heat guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers with a knee injury. According to the Heat, Wade is “day-to-day.”
This will be the 10th game the 30-year old Wade has missed this season. When healthy, Wade has been amazing — he’s currently averaging 22.8 points per game on 50.3% shooting from the field, and is 2nd in the NBA in PER this season. According to the Heat, Wade’s knee was “banged up” in Sunday’s game against the Celtics, when Wade scored only 15 points on 6-17 shooting from the field.
The Heat have lost 3 of their last 5 games, with all 3 of their losses coming by double-digits, so they’re certainly hoping that Wade will be back in the lineup sooner rather than later, especially considering that the Heat play the red-hot Thunder on Wednesday night.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7