Apr 3, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
It was a long winter in Minnesota, where the creative types were locked up inside for too long going a little stir crazy. That’s our best explaination for the Timberwolves latest advertising campaign.
It is sort of a riff on Mystery Science Theater 3000 — or really, a direct rip of Woody Allen’s “What’s Up Tiger Lily?” — but with Timberwolves players and coach Rick Adelman finding their way into the dialogue. Plus, there’s a dig at Mark Cuban. That’s always a good way to sell tickets.
Thanks to SLAM for finding this.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31