Apr 3, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
It was a long winter in Minnesota, where the creative types were locked up inside for too long going a little stir crazy. That’s our best explaination for the Timberwolves latest advertising campaign.
It is sort of a riff on Mystery Science Theater 3000 — or really, a direct rip of Woody Allen’s “What’s Up Tiger Lily?” — but with Timberwolves players and coach Rick Adelman finding their way into the dialogue. Plus, there’s a dig at Mark Cuban. That’s always a good way to sell tickets.
Thanks to SLAM for finding this.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37