Apr 3, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• What college coaches would make good NBA coaches. We hear a lot of talk about John Calipari (and will now until the Knicks pick a coach for next season) but the wise David Thorpe of ESPN thinks Butler’s Brad Stevens is a better fit at the NBA level.
• The New Yorker has a story about John Calipari and World Wide Wes, and how that relationship in no way officially helps Kentucky basketball. Nope. Nothing to see here, move along.
• Would the real Los Angeles Clippers please stand up. Please stand up. Please stand up.
• Andrew Bynum is officially day-to-day for the Lakers, who face the Nets Tuesday and the Clippers Wednesday.
• With his election to the Hall of Fame, the Lakers will retire the number of “Silk” — Jamaal Wilkes — next season.
• Here is a great look at why Wilkes belongs in the Hall of Fame.
• Sunday there were a lot of people ripping the Heat for fighting over the top on the pick against Rajon Rondo. It was more complex than that, and maybe the Heat learned something that could help if they meet in the postseason.
• While we’re talking awards, the Bulls’ Tom Thibodeau and the Spurs’ Gregg Popovich were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the month for March.
• Good thoughts from Kevin Pelton on why “tanking” by letting your young players gain real experience is a pretty smart play.
• Playing the kids is exactly what Paul Silas says he is going to do the rest of the way in Charlotte.
• Stephon Marbury says even if the Knicks ask he would not return to them. He doesn’t really need to be worried about facing that situation anyway.
• Stefhon Hannah is a guy who earned a spot in the D-League in one of those mostly-for-publicity open tryouts, and now he’s playing a key role in the D-League finals.
• Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson had surgery on his foot to repair a torn ligament Monday. Don’t expect him back this season.
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 3
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 6
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)