Apr 3, 2012, 6:19 PM EST
Ryan Anderson says his right ankle still looks like a “softball.” He’s wearing a walking boot.
The 23-year old Anderson, who was once a throw-in in a trade that sent Vince Carter to the Magic, has been enjoying a breakout season for the Magic — his PER is at 21.99, he leads all NBA players in 3-pointers made while sinking 41.3% of his attempts from deep, and he’s averaging 7.5 rebounds per game. The Magic have lost their last three games with Anderson in the lineup, so it’s conceivable that they could have a very tough stretch run if he doesn’t get healthy soon. Anderson is currently listed as “day-to-day.”
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 5
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28