Apr 3, 2012, 6:19 PM EST
Ryan Anderson says his right ankle still looks like a “softball.” He’s wearing a walking boot.
The 23-year old Anderson, who was once a throw-in in a trade that sent Vince Carter to the Magic, has been enjoying a breakout season for the Magic — his PER is at 21.99, he leads all NBA players in 3-pointers made while sinking 41.3% of his attempts from deep, and he’s averaging 7.5 rebounds per game. The Magic have lost their last three games with Anderson in the lineup, so it’s conceivable that they could have a very tough stretch run if he doesn’t get healthy soon. Anderson is currently listed as “day-to-day.”
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41