Apr 3, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Ryan Anderson says his right ankle still looks like a “softball.” He’s wearing a walking boot.
The 23-year old Anderson, who was once a throw-in in a trade that sent Vince Carter to the Magic, has been enjoying a breakout season for the Magic — his PER is at 21.99, he leads all NBA players in 3-pointers made while sinking 41.3% of his attempts from deep, and he’s averaging 7.5 rebounds per game. The Magic have lost their last three games with Anderson in the lineup, so it’s conceivable that they could have a very tough stretch run if he doesn’t get healthy soon. Anderson is currently listed as “day-to-day.”
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17