Apr 3, 2012, 2:29 PM EST
Gordon is set to return to the lineup on Wednesday, according to Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
“I’m looking forward to playing (Wednesday); that’s what I’m looking for,” Gordon said Tuesday following a physical practice session at the Alario Center. “For sure. It’s an overall decison. Like I’ve told a lot of people. I practiced today. I feel fine, and I’m ready to move forward into playing.”
So, he’s back just in time to cost the Hornets a few ping-pong balls.
In reality, this is about proving he is back so he has real value on the open market — Gordon is a restricted free agent after this season. If he can prove he will be all the way back to the guy many thought was the best young two guard in the game he makes a lot more money. We all like to make more money. Most likely the Hornets will match any offer, but he can draw real interest and up the price if he can put the concerns of his health behind him.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)