Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 AM EST
The good news is the Timberwolves are about get J.J. Barea back, because they are hurting again at point guard.
No word yet on his status, but you can expect him to miss a few games at least. This follows on the Timberwolves already losing Ricky Rubio for the season (and fighting through injuries to Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley, just to name a few).
All this is taking a serious toll on the Timberwolves already bleak playoff chances. They have fallen all the way back to the 12 seed and are 4.5 games back with just 12 games to go. That’s too much ground to make up.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15