Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
The good news is the Timberwolves are about get J.J. Barea back, because they are hurting again at point guard.
No word yet on his status, but you can expect him to miss a few games at least. This follows on the Timberwolves already losing Ricky Rubio for the season (and fighting through injuries to Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley, just to name a few).
All this is taking a serious toll on the Timberwolves already bleak playoff chances. They have fallen all the way back to the 12 seed and are 4.5 games back with just 12 games to go. That’s too much ground to make up.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8