Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 AM EST
The good news is the Timberwolves are about get J.J. Barea back, because they are hurting again at point guard.
No word yet on his status, but you can expect him to miss a few games at least. This follows on the Timberwolves already losing Ricky Rubio for the season (and fighting through injuries to Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley, just to name a few).
All this is taking a serious toll on the Timberwolves already bleak playoff chances. They have fallen all the way back to the 12 seed and are 4.5 games back with just 12 games to go. That’s too much ground to make up.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)