Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
The good news is the Timberwolves are about get J.J. Barea back, because they are hurting again at point guard.
No word yet on his status, but you can expect him to miss a few games at least. This follows on the Timberwolves already losing Ricky Rubio for the season (and fighting through injuries to Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley, just to name a few).
All this is taking a serious toll on the Timberwolves already bleak playoff chances. They have fallen all the way back to the 12 seed and are 4.5 games back with just 12 games to go. That’s too much ground to make up.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21