Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
The good news is the Timberwolves are about get J.J. Barea back, because they are hurting again at point guard.
No word yet on his status, but you can expect him to miss a few games at least. This follows on the Timberwolves already losing Ricky Rubio for the season (and fighting through injuries to Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley, just to name a few).
All this is taking a serious toll on the Timberwolves already bleak playoff chances. They have fallen all the way back to the 12 seed and are 4.5 games back with just 12 games to go. That’s too much ground to make up.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3