Apr 2, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
When will Derrick Rose be back?
He is sitting out his 11th straight game Monday night, and the Bulls have not been pressured to put him back in the lineup too soon because the Miami Heat have put it in cruise control and not pressured Chicago for the top seed in the East.
But at some point you want him back to shake off the rust and get his timing back during the regular season before the Bulls have to take on the Knicks in the first round (most likely).
Rose said that would happen Sunday and coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed it Monday, via the twitter of KC Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
No real shock there. But the Bulls need Rose to be right come the playoffs. They are title contenders, but they have a smaller margin for error than the Thunder or the Heat (at least when the Heat are firing on all cylinders). Expect him to play at least half a dozen games.
Richard Hamilton returned to the Bulls lineup Monday night.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4