Apr 2, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
When will Derrick Rose be back?
He is sitting out his 11th straight game Monday night, and the Bulls have not been pressured to put him back in the lineup too soon because the Miami Heat have put it in cruise control and not pressured Chicago for the top seed in the East.
But at some point you want him back to shake off the rust and get his timing back during the regular season before the Bulls have to take on the Knicks in the first round (most likely).
Rose said that would happen Sunday and coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed it Monday, via the twitter of KC Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
No real shock there. But the Bulls need Rose to be right come the playoffs. They are title contenders, but they have a smaller margin for error than the Thunder or the Heat (at least when the Heat are firing on all cylinders). Expect him to play at least half a dozen games.
Richard Hamilton returned to the Bulls lineup Monday night.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16