Apr 2, 2012, 10:18 PM EST
When will Derrick Rose be back?
He is sitting out his 11th straight game Monday night, and the Bulls have not been pressured to put him back in the lineup too soon because the Miami Heat have put it in cruise control and not pressured Chicago for the top seed in the East.
But at some point you want him back to shake off the rust and get his timing back during the regular season before the Bulls have to take on the Knicks in the first round (most likely).
Rose said that would happen Sunday and coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed it Monday, via the twitter of KC Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
No real shock there. But the Bulls need Rose to be right come the playoffs. They are title contenders, but they have a smaller margin for error than the Thunder or the Heat (at least when the Heat are firing on all cylinders). Expect him to play at least half a dozen games.
Richard Hamilton returned to the Bulls lineup Monday night.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)