Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Stephon Marbury has been having a lot of success in China — he just won a ring, taking the Beijing Ducks to their first ever title. He’s a star with his own shoe line there.
Back home, however, he seems to be having some of the same problems as many other Americans. Marbury’s Los Angeles area home was sold at a foreclosure auction recently, reports TMZ.
According to new court docs, obtained by TMZ, Stephon owed $3.1 million on the 7-bdrm 8-bath 8,000 sq. ft. L.A. property — and the house was just sold to a lucky buyer for $2.275 million.
We’re not sure exactly what happened here, but there are no shortage of people who have just walked away from homes once they found themselves upside down in the last few years. This simply may be more of that.
But whenever he does come home from China he’ll need to find a new West Coast crib now.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2