Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM EST
Stephon Marbury has been having a lot of success in China — he just won a ring, taking the Beijing Ducks to their first ever title. He’s a star with his own shoe line there.
Back home, however, he seems to be having some of the same problems as many other Americans. Marbury’s Los Angeles area home was sold at a foreclosure auction recently, reports TMZ.
According to new court docs, obtained by TMZ, Stephon owed $3.1 million on the 7-bdrm 8-bath 8,000 sq. ft. L.A. property — and the house was just sold to a lucky buyer for $2.275 million.
We’re not sure exactly what happened here, but there are no shortage of people who have just walked away from homes once they found themselves upside down in the last few years. This simply may be more of that.
But whenever he does come home from China he’ll need to find a new West Coast crib now.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30