Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Stephon Marbury has been having a lot of success in China — he just won a ring, taking the Beijing Ducks to their first ever title. He’s a star with his own shoe line there.
Back home, however, he seems to be having some of the same problems as many other Americans. Marbury’s Los Angeles area home was sold at a foreclosure auction recently, reports TMZ.
According to new court docs, obtained by TMZ, Stephon owed $3.1 million on the 7-bdrm 8-bath 8,000 sq. ft. L.A. property — and the house was just sold to a lucky buyer for $2.275 million.
We’re not sure exactly what happened here, but there are no shortage of people who have just walked away from homes once they found themselves upside down in the last few years. This simply may be more of that.
But whenever he does come home from China he’ll need to find a new West Coast crib now.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14