Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Stephon Marbury has been having a lot of success in China — he just won a ring, taking the Beijing Ducks to their first ever title. He’s a star with his own shoe line there.
Back home, however, he seems to be having some of the same problems as many other Americans. Marbury’s Los Angeles area home was sold at a foreclosure auction recently, reports TMZ.
According to new court docs, obtained by TMZ, Stephon owed $3.1 million on the 7-bdrm 8-bath 8,000 sq. ft. L.A. property — and the house was just sold to a lucky buyer for $2.275 million.
We’re not sure exactly what happened here, but there are no shortage of people who have just walked away from homes once they found themselves upside down in the last few years. This simply may be more of that.
But whenever he does come home from China he’ll need to find a new West Coast crib now.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10