Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Stephon Marbury has been having a lot of success in China — he just won a ring, taking the Beijing Ducks to their first ever title. He’s a star with his own shoe line there.
Back home, however, he seems to be having some of the same problems as many other Americans. Marbury’s Los Angeles area home was sold at a foreclosure auction recently, reports TMZ.
According to new court docs, obtained by TMZ, Stephon owed $3.1 million on the 7-bdrm 8-bath 8,000 sq. ft. L.A. property — and the house was just sold to a lucky buyer for $2.275 million.
We’re not sure exactly what happened here, but there are no shortage of people who have just walked away from homes once they found themselves upside down in the last few years. This simply may be more of that.
But whenever he does come home from China he’ll need to find a new West Coast crib now.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50