Apr 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The rumors are out there that there will be a coaching change in Orlando after the season — because Dwight Howard wants a new coach and Stan Van Gundy has had it with the circus that is Howard’s free agency. Believe whatever spin you want. My guess is that he is back next year, but we’ll see.
• Once you get past the top couple spots in both conferences, the playoff seedings are a jumbled mess. Here is a little breakdown.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks on Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau: “I mean, the guy has no life. Even when he was young as an assistant, he never wanted to go out to dinner with me. He had things to do. He’s boring. He just wants to coach basketball.”
• Nene is wearing a walking boot in Washington, battling a pulled fascia in his left foot. He’s not a guy with the rep for playing through pain in the first place.
• If you are wondering what is going on with the Warriors, know that their first round pick in this draft belongs to Utah unless it is in the top seven. Right now they have the ninth worst record in the league.
• Mickell Gladness has temporarily left the Warriors to deal with a family matter.
• The Team USA women’s basketball squad for the Summer Olympics is starting to come together.
• The Grizzlies have recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the NBA draft square off against each other, expectations
Sep 16, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Williams, who plays both forward positions, now favorite to replace Josh McRoberts in starting lineup
Sep 16, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Plenty of changes, but enough to make the playoffs?
Sep 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
San Antonio already has 17 players, qualifying offer out to Baynes
Sep 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Bill Duffy: ‘Klay Thompson right now is the top two-way, two-guard in basketball’
Sep 16, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Deron Williams opening the season healthy would be huge… but just the start of what they need from him.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Ingles excelled in World Cup, completes dominoes set in motion by Jared Dudley trade
Sep 16, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
You won’t see this for the Americans’ gold medal
Sep 15, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Forward from St. John’s went undrafted
Sep 15, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
New details about incident in which he allegedly punched ex-girlfriend in the face
Sep 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Amundson’s best days are behind him, but maybe he can find a niche in Cleveland
Sep 15, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Who else was Lionel Hollins going to start?
Sep 15, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Washington building up competition for open 15th spot
Sep 15, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Some team will pick him up. Eventually.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
KD is an Iverson fan.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Silas appears to have real chance of making the team
Sep 15, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Derrick Rose stayed healthy but never shook the rust fully off his shot.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Soccer already has the right model, it’s just going to be hard to get FIBA on board.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
D-League is ripe for expansion
Sep 15, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Harris unsure whether Orlando will let him hit restricted free agency
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10