Apr 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The rumors are out there that there will be a coaching change in Orlando after the season — because Dwight Howard wants a new coach and Stan Van Gundy has had it with the circus that is Howard’s free agency. Believe whatever spin you want. My guess is that he is back next year, but we’ll see.
• Once you get past the top couple spots in both conferences, the playoff seedings are a jumbled mess. Here is a little breakdown.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks on Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau: “I mean, the guy has no life. Even when he was young as an assistant, he never wanted to go out to dinner with me. He had things to do. He’s boring. He just wants to coach basketball.”
• Nene is wearing a walking boot in Washington, battling a pulled fascia in his left foot. He’s not a guy with the rep for playing through pain in the first place.
• If you are wondering what is going on with the Warriors, know that their first round pick in this draft belongs to Utah unless it is in the top seven. Right now they have the ninth worst record in the league.
• Mickell Gladness has temporarily left the Warriors to deal with a family matter.
• The Team USA women’s basketball squad for the Summer Olympics is starting to come together.
• The Grizzlies have recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League.
Sep 3, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
This is a long shot. At best.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
NBA Live 15 hits the stores Oct. 7.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Raduljica deserves another NBA contract following adequate rookie year
Sep 2, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Mavericks hold draft rights to Finnish point guard who’s under contract with Russian team
Sep 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose, James Harden and Kenneth Faried appeared stunned by traditional pregame dance
Sep 2, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Golden State also announces signing of Aaron Craft, who previously reached deal
Sep 2, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Can’t blame a team for trying, I guess.
Sep 2, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
He will miss most and maybe all of training camp.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
I think the Warriors are pretty set at the guard spot, but he would had some toughness.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
When big men run the floor hard, good things happen.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ingles off to hot start in World Cup
Sep 2, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
I mean, there’s always a chance.
Sep 2, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Team USA was supposed to be a perimeter-based team, but through three games the bigs are stealing the show.
Sep 2, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Greek Freak in action.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Curry fired back on Twitter to someone who made a joke at the expense of his shoes.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Erik Spoelstra is changing things up a bit.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
Rose was originally penciled in as the starter, but Kyrie Irving has been more deserving thus far.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
This should make Bulls fans extremely happy.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Cleveland, now with championship aspirations, may not feel the same way.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Mozgov could play with LeBron James, for David Blatt (his Russian national team coach)
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14