Apr 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The rumors are out there that there will be a coaching change in Orlando after the season — because Dwight Howard wants a new coach and Stan Van Gundy has had it with the circus that is Howard’s free agency. Believe whatever spin you want. My guess is that he is back next year, but we’ll see.
• Once you get past the top couple spots in both conferences, the playoff seedings are a jumbled mess. Here is a little breakdown.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks on Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau: “I mean, the guy has no life. Even when he was young as an assistant, he never wanted to go out to dinner with me. He had things to do. He’s boring. He just wants to coach basketball.”
• Nene is wearing a walking boot in Washington, battling a pulled fascia in his left foot. He’s not a guy with the rep for playing through pain in the first place.
• If you are wondering what is going on with the Warriors, know that their first round pick in this draft belongs to Utah unless it is in the top seven. Right now they have the ninth worst record in the league.
• Mickell Gladness has temporarily left the Warriors to deal with a family matter.
• The Team USA women’s basketball squad for the Summer Olympics is starting to come together.
• The Grizzlies have recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Lob City comes to Sacramento.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
Moses Malone is up next.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Should have had a three-point opportunity, too.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
He isn’t human.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Hopefully there are more of these and fewer threes.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Not good news for the Cavs’ frontcourt depth.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
His body is still sore.
Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Teams are looking for any edge they can get.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The no-trade worked out quite well for Toronto.
Dec 26, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
At 25 points a game it would still take Kobe 182 games to catch Malone. That’s not likely.
Dec 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Knicks fans are going to need to be patient, something New Yorkers have long been know for. *cough*
Dec 26, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Tarik Black will land on another NBA roster.
Dec 26, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
We told you the suspension was coming, and the fine was justified.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Inside the NBA is the best.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Dec 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Well, you don’t see that every day. Fortunately.
Dec 26, 2014, 2:56 AM EST
The flagrant fouls and ejections we’ve come to expect from these teams were non-existent, as L.A. came away with a “signature win” over the league-leading Warriors.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
The Bulls blew out the Lakers on Christmas.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:31 PM EST
Wade was brilliant… for a half, anyway. But that was enough.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0