Apr 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The rumors are out there that there will be a coaching change in Orlando after the season — because Dwight Howard wants a new coach and Stan Van Gundy has had it with the circus that is Howard’s free agency. Believe whatever spin you want. My guess is that he is back next year, but we’ll see.
• Once you get past the top couple spots in both conferences, the playoff seedings are a jumbled mess. Here is a little breakdown.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks on Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau: “I mean, the guy has no life. Even when he was young as an assistant, he never wanted to go out to dinner with me. He had things to do. He’s boring. He just wants to coach basketball.”
• Nene is wearing a walking boot in Washington, battling a pulled fascia in his left foot. He’s not a guy with the rep for playing through pain in the first place.
• If you are wondering what is going on with the Warriors, know that their first round pick in this draft belongs to Utah unless it is in the top seven. Right now they have the ninth worst record in the league.
• Mickell Gladness has temporarily left the Warriors to deal with a family matter.
• The Team USA women’s basketball squad for the Summer Olympics is starting to come together.
• The Grizzlies have recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23