Apr 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The rumors are out there that there will be a coaching change in Orlando after the season — because Dwight Howard wants a new coach and Stan Van Gundy has had it with the circus that is Howard’s free agency. Believe whatever spin you want. My guess is that he is back next year, but we’ll see.
• Once you get past the top couple spots in both conferences, the playoff seedings are a jumbled mess. Here is a little breakdown.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks on Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau: “I mean, the guy has no life. Even when he was young as an assistant, he never wanted to go out to dinner with me. He had things to do. He’s boring. He just wants to coach basketball.”
• Nene is wearing a walking boot in Washington, battling a pulled fascia in his left foot. He’s not a guy with the rep for playing through pain in the first place.
• If you are wondering what is going on with the Warriors, know that their first round pick in this draft belongs to Utah unless it is in the top seven. Right now they have the ninth worst record in the league.
• Mickell Gladness has temporarily left the Warriors to deal with a family matter.
• The Team USA women’s basketball squad for the Summer Olympics is starting to come together.
• The Grizzlies have recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 0
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 41
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 67
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8