Apr 2, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Milo Greene — and if you ask which one is Milo you sound like your grandfather asking, “which one is Pink?” — is harmonic, up-tempo folk band.
J.J. Redick is a big fan. Huge fan. And this is his pregame music. Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net got to hang out with all of them in Orlando recently and talked to Redick about his indie rock tastes.
According to Redick, he was in Portland on an off-day in early January doing what most people do, browsing the Internet. He stumbled on a music blog that suggested Milo Greene’s “1957” as a “must-listen track.” So like any music fan, J.J. listened, loved, YouTubed, loved some more, and immediately purchased the song.
“I went to the Milo website and paid for the seven-inch vinyl so that I could download the MP3 version of ’1957′ and ‘Silent Way’.”
Milo Greene isn’t posing. They love the NBA. Graham Fink, guitarist and vocalist for Milo Greene, told me in an interview that several of its members are “huge basketball fans,” which means they were well aware of who J.J. was before the meeting. When they saw the tweet, they thought it was just another fan. It wasn’t until later that they realized it was the Blue Devil himself.
The guys in Milo Greene do play some ball. Redick does not pick up a guitar. But if you read the article it is clearly a mutual admiration society.
So what does Redick put on to get fired up for a game if not some old-school Jay-Z or some DMX? This.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14