Apr 2, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Milo Greene — and if you ask which one is Milo you sound like your grandfather asking, “which one is Pink?” — is harmonic, up-tempo folk band.
J.J. Redick is a big fan. Huge fan. And this is his pregame music. Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net got to hang out with all of them in Orlando recently and talked to Redick about his indie rock tastes.
According to Redick, he was in Portland on an off-day in early January doing what most people do, browsing the Internet. He stumbled on a music blog that suggested Milo Greene’s “1957” as a “must-listen track.” So like any music fan, J.J. listened, loved, YouTubed, loved some more, and immediately purchased the song.
“I went to the Milo website and paid for the seven-inch vinyl so that I could download the MP3 version of ’1957′ and ‘Silent Way’.”
Milo Greene isn’t posing. They love the NBA. Graham Fink, guitarist and vocalist for Milo Greene, told me in an interview that several of its members are “huge basketball fans,” which means they were well aware of who J.J. was before the meeting. When they saw the tweet, they thought it was just another fan. It wasn’t until later that they realized it was the Blue Devil himself.
The guys in Milo Greene do play some ball. Redick does not pick up a guitar. But if you read the article it is clearly a mutual admiration society.
So what does Redick put on to get fired up for a game if not some old-school Jay-Z or some DMX? This.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)