Apr 2, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Milo Greene — and if you ask which one is Milo you sound like your grandfather asking, “which one is Pink?” — is harmonic, up-tempo folk band.
J.J. Redick is a big fan. Huge fan. And this is his pregame music. Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net got to hang out with all of them in Orlando recently and talked to Redick about his indie rock tastes.
According to Redick, he was in Portland on an off-day in early January doing what most people do, browsing the Internet. He stumbled on a music blog that suggested Milo Greene’s “1957” as a “must-listen track.” So like any music fan, J.J. listened, loved, YouTubed, loved some more, and immediately purchased the song.
“I went to the Milo website and paid for the seven-inch vinyl so that I could download the MP3 version of ’1957′ and ‘Silent Way’.”
Milo Greene isn’t posing. They love the NBA. Graham Fink, guitarist and vocalist for Milo Greene, told me in an interview that several of its members are “huge basketball fans,” which means they were well aware of who J.J. was before the meeting. When they saw the tweet, they thought it was just another fan. It wasn’t until later that they realized it was the Blue Devil himself.
The guys in Milo Greene do play some ball. Redick does not pick up a guitar. But if you read the article it is clearly a mutual admiration society.
So what does Redick put on to get fired up for a game if not some old-school Jay-Z or some DMX? This.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16