Apr 2, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Milo Greene — and if you ask which one is Milo you sound like your grandfather asking, “which one is Pink?” — is harmonic, up-tempo folk band.
J.J. Redick is a big fan. Huge fan. And this is his pregame music. Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net got to hang out with all of them in Orlando recently and talked to Redick about his indie rock tastes.
According to Redick, he was in Portland on an off-day in early January doing what most people do, browsing the Internet. He stumbled on a music blog that suggested Milo Greene’s “1957” as a “must-listen track.” So like any music fan, J.J. listened, loved, YouTubed, loved some more, and immediately purchased the song.
“I went to the Milo website and paid for the seven-inch vinyl so that I could download the MP3 version of ’1957′ and ‘Silent Way’.”
Milo Greene isn’t posing. They love the NBA. Graham Fink, guitarist and vocalist for Milo Greene, told me in an interview that several of its members are “huge basketball fans,” which means they were well aware of who J.J. was before the meeting. When they saw the tweet, they thought it was just another fan. It wasn’t until later that they realized it was the Blue Devil himself.
The guys in Milo Greene do play some ball. Redick does not pick up a guitar. But if you read the article it is clearly a mutual admiration society.
So what does Redick put on to get fired up for a game if not some old-school Jay-Z or some DMX? This.
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 0
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 15
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10