Apr 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
The questions here are: Why? And what happens when they are eliminated from the chase?
Hill’s expectation to return for some of Suns’ remaining 14 games was clear Sunday, when he returned to US Airways Center for the first time since having the medial meniscus tear repaired. He was cleared to get off crutches Sunday night.
“I think I can,” Hill said. “Doc is pleased with the surgery and what he saw in there. I’ll be back this year.”
Hill is having a solid season for the Suns, and they could use his defense, but at age 39 things tend not to heal as quickly as they once did.
At 26-26 the Suns are 1.5 games out of the playoffs, but they’d have to hop Utah (the 9 seed) and catch the Rockets or Nuggets to make the postseason. Not impossible, but they will need to get on a real hot streak to make it happen. You can decide for yourself how much Hill rushing back helps that.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10