Apr 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
The questions here are: Why? And what happens when they are eliminated from the chase?
Hill’s expectation to return for some of Suns’ remaining 14 games was clear Sunday, when he returned to US Airways Center for the first time since having the medial meniscus tear repaired. He was cleared to get off crutches Sunday night.
“I think I can,” Hill said. “Doc is pleased with the surgery and what he saw in there. I’ll be back this year.”
Hill is having a solid season for the Suns, and they could use his defense, but at age 39 things tend not to heal as quickly as they once did.
At 26-26 the Suns are 1.5 games out of the playoffs, but they’d have to hop Utah (the 9 seed) and catch the Rockets or Nuggets to make the postseason. Not impossible, but they will need to get on a real hot streak to make it happen. You can decide for yourself how much Hill rushing back helps that.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85