Apr 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
The questions here are: Why? And what happens when they are eliminated from the chase?
Hill’s expectation to return for some of Suns’ remaining 14 games was clear Sunday, when he returned to US Airways Center for the first time since having the medial meniscus tear repaired. He was cleared to get off crutches Sunday night.
“I think I can,” Hill said. “Doc is pleased with the surgery and what he saw in there. I’ll be back this year.”
Hill is having a solid season for the Suns, and they could use his defense, but at age 39 things tend not to heal as quickly as they once did.
At 26-26 the Suns are 1.5 games out of the playoffs, but they’d have to hop Utah (the 9 seed) and catch the Rockets or Nuggets to make the postseason. Not impossible, but they will need to get on a real hot streak to make it happen. You can decide for yourself how much Hill rushing back helps that.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50