Apr 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
The questions here are: Why? And what happens when they are eliminated from the chase?
Hill’s expectation to return for some of Suns’ remaining 14 games was clear Sunday, when he returned to US Airways Center for the first time since having the medial meniscus tear repaired. He was cleared to get off crutches Sunday night.
“I think I can,” Hill said. “Doc is pleased with the surgery and what he saw in there. I’ll be back this year.”
Hill is having a solid season for the Suns, and they could use his defense, but at age 39 things tend not to heal as quickly as they once did.
At 26-26 the Suns are 1.5 games out of the playoffs, but they’d have to hop Utah (the 9 seed) and catch the Rockets or Nuggets to make the postseason. Not impossible, but they will need to get on a real hot streak to make it happen. You can decide for yourself how much Hill rushing back helps that.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13