Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
We say a week or more because, well, look at Derrick Rose. Groins are notoriously slow to heal and easy to aggravate again. And at age 39, Kidd is not as fast a healer as he once was.
Tough time for the Mavs to be without Kidd — they play the Clippers Monday then later in the week have a home-and-home with the Grizzlies, both teams that are fighting Dallas for playoff positioning.
Dallas has had good success (albeit in limited minutes) with a lineup of Delonte West, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood. That lineup may get a lot of run in the next week.
Lamar Odom is also out for Dallas Monday with a stomach illness.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 13
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17