Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
We say a week or more because, well, look at Derrick Rose. Groins are notoriously slow to heal and easy to aggravate again. And at age 39, Kidd is not as fast a healer as he once was.
Tough time for the Mavs to be without Kidd — they play the Clippers Monday then later in the week have a home-and-home with the Grizzlies, both teams that are fighting Dallas for playoff positioning.
Dallas has had good success (albeit in limited minutes) with a lineup of Delonte West, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood. That lineup may get a lot of run in the next week.
Lamar Odom is also out for Dallas Monday with a stomach illness.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 7
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20