Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
We say a week or more because, well, look at Derrick Rose. Groins are notoriously slow to heal and easy to aggravate again. And at age 39, Kidd is not as fast a healer as he once was.
Tough time for the Mavs to be without Kidd — they play the Clippers Monday then later in the week have a home-and-home with the Grizzlies, both teams that are fighting Dallas for playoff positioning.
Dallas has had good success (albeit in limited minutes) with a lineup of Delonte West, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood. That lineup may get a lot of run in the next week.
Lamar Odom is also out for Dallas Monday with a stomach illness.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59