Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
We say a week or more because, well, look at Derrick Rose. Groins are notoriously slow to heal and easy to aggravate again. And at age 39, Kidd is not as fast a healer as he once was.
Tough time for the Mavs to be without Kidd — they play the Clippers Monday then later in the week have a home-and-home with the Grizzlies, both teams that are fighting Dallas for playoff positioning.
Dallas has had good success (albeit in limited minutes) with a lineup of Delonte West, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood. That lineup may get a lot of run in the next week.
Lamar Odom is also out for Dallas Monday with a stomach illness.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50