Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
We say a week or more because, well, look at Derrick Rose. Groins are notoriously slow to heal and easy to aggravate again. And at age 39, Kidd is not as fast a healer as he once was.
Tough time for the Mavs to be without Kidd — they play the Clippers Monday then later in the week have a home-and-home with the Grizzlies, both teams that are fighting Dallas for playoff positioning.
Dallas has had good success (albeit in limited minutes) with a lineup of Delonte West, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood. That lineup may get a lot of run in the next week.
Lamar Odom is also out for Dallas Monday with a stomach illness.
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 3
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 47