Apr 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
From the Chicago Tribune:
Bulls guard Derrick Rose will miss his 10th consecutive game Sunday at Oklahoma City as he continues to recover from a groin injury.
“Just trying to put it behind me, man, just trying to stay positive,’’ Rose said after Saturday’s abbreviated practice at the Berto Center. “It feels the same.”
This is just the latest in a series of marquee matchups Rose has missed as we continue to try and establish some barometer of how this version of the Bulls will fare in the playoffs with Rose at the helm this season. Rose has missed a ton of games this season and with the Bulls having shut him down for multiple weeks now, the rest of his regular season is definitely in jeopardy. At some point the Bulls cross a point of no return with Rose where it doesn’t make sense to get him back on the floor until the playoffs, factoring where they stand in the race for homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Bulls have made that a priority, but with the Heat likely to start shutting down their own superstars to get them healthy and with Miami confident it can win on the road as it did last year in convincing fashion, the risk outweighs the reward in short order.
For us, though, it’s just a disappointment that we miss out on seeing Rose vs. Westbrook, and the East’s best team face off against the West’s. But with as scrappy and well as the Bulls have played, don’t expect a blowout Sunday in OKC. Chicago’s just that intense.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18