Apr 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
From the Chicago Tribune:
Bulls guard Derrick Rose will miss his 10th consecutive game Sunday at Oklahoma City as he continues to recover from a groin injury.
“Just trying to put it behind me, man, just trying to stay positive,’’ Rose said after Saturday’s abbreviated practice at the Berto Center. “It feels the same.”
This is just the latest in a series of marquee matchups Rose has missed as we continue to try and establish some barometer of how this version of the Bulls will fare in the playoffs with Rose at the helm this season. Rose has missed a ton of games this season and with the Bulls having shut him down for multiple weeks now, the rest of his regular season is definitely in jeopardy. At some point the Bulls cross a point of no return with Rose where it doesn’t make sense to get him back on the floor until the playoffs, factoring where they stand in the race for homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Bulls have made that a priority, but with the Heat likely to start shutting down their own superstars to get them healthy and with Miami confident it can win on the road as it did last year in convincing fashion, the risk outweighs the reward in short order.
For us, though, it’s just a disappointment that we miss out on seeing Rose vs. Westbrook, and the East’s best team face off against the West’s. But with as scrappy and well as the Bulls have played, don’t expect a blowout Sunday in OKC. Chicago’s just that intense.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 74
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32