Apr 1, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Bynum sprained his ankle late in the first quarter of the Lakers game Monday against the Warriors when he landed on teammate Josh McRoberts’ foot. Bynum left the game and went back to the locker room soon after it happened.
X-Rays were negative and the team said Bynum would be re-evaluated Monday.
The Lakers are off Monday, face the Nets on Tuesday then have a key game against the Clippers on Wednesday.
The injury exposes the Lakers serious lack of depth along the front line behind Bynum and Pau Gasol — McRoberts and Troy Murphy are the backups now. The Lakers also have Jordan Hill on the roster but he is day-to-day with a sprained MCL. That group off the bench isn’t intimidating anyone. Troy Murphy was getting the crunch time minutes for the Lakers Sunday night.
Bynum has had a breakout season this year, in part because he’s been able to stay healthy. This is not something catastrophic, but he could miss a few games.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 34
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars