Apr 1, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Bynum sprained his ankle late in the first quarter of the Lakers game Monday against the Warriors when he landed on teammate Josh McRoberts’ foot. Bynum left the game and went back to the locker room soon after it happened.
X-Rays were negative and the team said Bynum would be re-evaluated Monday.
The Lakers are off Monday, face the Nets on Tuesday then have a key game against the Clippers on Wednesday.
The injury exposes the Lakers serious lack of depth along the front line behind Bynum and Pau Gasol — McRoberts and Troy Murphy are the backups now. The Lakers also have Jordan Hill on the roster but he is day-to-day with a sprained MCL. That group off the bench isn’t intimidating anyone. Troy Murphy was getting the crunch time minutes for the Lakers Sunday night.
Bynum has had a breakout season this year, in part because he’s been able to stay healthy. This is not something catastrophic, but he could miss a few games.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 1
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 8
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21