Mar 31, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
This is your monthly reminder that Kevin Garnett is a real sweetheart.
I won’t revisit the debates on Garnett. You have your opinion at this point and it won’t change. His antics are either the mark of a true warrior or the silly behavior of a fake bully. His intensity is either an overdramatic performance for show or a revelation into the heart of the most passionate player in the NBA. And his consistent workaround of the rules in creating contact without confrontation is either ingenious or cowardly. Maybe all of the above are true at once. But this is who he is and he’a major part of NBA history.
So against Al Jefferson and the Utah Jazz earlier this week, Garnett was up to all his old tricks. They’re all here in the video. The elbows after the whistle. The constant jabbering. An unnecessary shoulder to the face. He’s daring Jefferson to respond, because he knows Jefferson would get kicked out. Jefferson doesn’t, because he knows there’s no point, his team needs him, and he needs his money. But you wouldn’t blame the guy if he had taken Garnett’s head off.
For his part, Jefferson responded to it the only way you can. That’s just KG being KG.
Jefferson had 18 points on 19 shots and 12 rebounds. Garnett had 23 points on 16 shots and 10 rebounds and of course, the Celtics won.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7