Mar 31, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
J.J. Hickson is considered a bust, a washout, a nobody. He was supposed to be a building block in Cleveland, flamed out, was traded to Sacramento for Omri Casspi and a draft pick, flamed out, was waived. Portland picked him up after they started tanking to take a flyer on him. He wasn’t supposed to do anything of note.
Tell that to DeAndre Jordan.
Hickson had a huge game. It’s one game. Maybe it’s nothing. But it’s good to see a player putting something together after he’s hit rock bottom. Hasheem Thabeet also hit an alley-oop on the Clippers. Because Lob City is a pluralist society, open to any and all who wish to dunk. On them.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13