Mar 31, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
J.J. Hickson is considered a bust, a washout, a nobody. He was supposed to be a building block in Cleveland, flamed out, was traded to Sacramento for Omri Casspi and a draft pick, flamed out, was waived. Portland picked him up after they started tanking to take a flyer on him. He wasn’t supposed to do anything of note.
Tell that to DeAndre Jordan.
Hickson had a huge game. It’s one game. Maybe it’s nothing. But it’s good to see a player putting something together after he’s hit rock bottom. Hasheem Thabeet also hit an alley-oop on the Clippers. Because Lob City is a pluralist society, open to any and all who wish to dunk. On them.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 26
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20