Mar 31, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
J.J. Hickson is considered a bust, a washout, a nobody. He was supposed to be a building block in Cleveland, flamed out, was traded to Sacramento for Omri Casspi and a draft pick, flamed out, was waived. Portland picked him up after they started tanking to take a flyer on him. He wasn’t supposed to do anything of note.
Tell that to DeAndre Jordan.
Hickson had a huge game. It’s one game. Maybe it’s nothing. But it’s good to see a player putting something together after he’s hit rock bottom. Hasheem Thabeet also hit an alley-oop on the Clippers. Because Lob City is a pluralist society, open to any and all who wish to dunk. On them.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 11
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 13
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 21
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18