Video: J.J. Hickson violates DeAndre Jordan’s personal space

Mar 31, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT

J.J. Hickson is considered a bust, a washout, a nobody. He was supposed to be a building block in Cleveland, flamed out, was traded to Sacramento for Omri Casspi and a draft pick, flamed out, was waived. Portland picked him up after they started tanking to take a flyer on him. He wasn’t supposed to do anything of note.

Tell that to DeAndre Jordan.

Good gravy.

Hickson had a huge game. It’s one game. Maybe it’s nothing. But it’s good to see a player putting something together after he’s hit rock bottom. Hasheem Thabeet also hit an alley-oop on the Clippers. Because Lob City is a pluralist society, open to any and all who wish to dunk. On them.

1. perryplayer1 - Mar 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I love how he says save that for the playoffs my friend. Hahaha what playoffs for the blazers?

2. sasquash20 - Mar 31, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Why didn’t the Sixers go after this guy?

3. TheSportologist - Mar 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Why did the Cavs let go of him? I don’t see why?

4. adnan604 - Mar 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I was really feelin bad for him when he was stuck in Sacramento, I been watching him on the Cavs and he was pretty much doing this same thing on a nightly basis… I mean not dropping 30ppg because LeBron was there, but he was playing this same exact way and I I think averaging around 15.

It’s good to see him get back to his game, he was really feeling down on himself while in Sac Town

5. piperpaul18 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:26 AM

that man can jump!

6. hbdbrowns33 - Apr 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM

If he stays in the league he will be just like Drew Gooden. One game he puts up high teens low twenties and then the next game or two he disappears. He has no consistency.

7. jimsjam33 - Apr 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM

He looked all-pro against the Clippers in a Blazers loss . He’s got skills an get play for anybody .

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches