Mar 30, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Bulls fans are not going to believe it until they see him and his mask walk out on the court — and even then they may not be sure.
But Richard Hamilton could return to the Bulls lineup Friday night.
The Bulls are being their usually overly-cautious selves regarding discussing injuries, but here is what the Detroit News wrote on the issue leading up to the Bulls Friday night tilt against the Pistons.
The former Pistons and current Bulls guard, who has played in just 16 games this season because of various injuries (groin, thigh, shoulder), is on track to return tonight against the Pistons….
“He wants to be a part of it so he can be ready for a deep playoff run,” said Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince, who added he and Hamilton text frequently. “To not be able to do that, it has to be pretty tough because (Hamilton) doesn’t know how his body is going to respond in the playoffs.”
Hamilton has missed the last dozen games with a shoulder injury.
The Bulls are title contenders but if they are going to get past the Heat and whoever comes out of the West (cough*Thunder*cough) they are going to need Hamilton. Last year showed the limitations of the Bulls offense when it is overly dependent on Derrick Rose, they need another reliable perimeter scoring option and Hamilton can still be that if healthy.
But they need him to not only get back into the lineup soon they need him to stay healthy. The first part of that could start Friday night. The second part… that’s going to be more interesting.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43