Mar 30, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
Stephon Marbury has a chip.
Marbury led his Beijing Ducks to a 4-1 series win over Aaron Brooks and the Guangdong Hongyuan by dropping 41 points in the fifth and final game of the championship series. Marbury was emotional (as you can see from the clip below), like a guy who was invested in a way most of us thought would not happen again for him. It was a first-ever title for the Ducks, who knocked off the four-time champions led by Aaron Brooks to earn their ring.
“This has been incredible, it has been an incredible experience,” a tearful Marbury said after winning his first major league championship. “This shows what this team is made up of, everyone stepped up and everyone played their role. We have been blessed as a team.”
After an NBA career that seemed a roller coaster, he has adopted China and the fans of his team. This clearly meant a lot to him.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13