Mar 30, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Stephon Marbury has a chip.
Marbury led his Beijing Ducks to a 4-1 series win over Aaron Brooks and the Guangdong Hongyuan by dropping 41 points in the fifth and final game of the championship series. Marbury was emotional (as you can see from the clip below), like a guy who was invested in a way most of us thought would not happen again for him. It was a first-ever title for the Ducks, who knocked off the four-time champions led by Aaron Brooks to earn their ring.
“This has been incredible, it has been an incredible experience,” a tearful Marbury said after winning his first major league championship. “This shows what this team is made up of, everyone stepped up and everyone played their role. We have been blessed as a team.”
After an NBA career that seemed a roller coaster, he has adopted China and the fans of his team. This clearly meant a lot to him.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2