Mar 30, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Stephon Marbury has a chip.
Marbury led his Beijing Ducks to a 4-1 series win over Aaron Brooks and the Guangdong Hongyuan by dropping 41 points in the fifth and final game of the championship series. Marbury was emotional (as you can see from the clip below), like a guy who was invested in a way most of us thought would not happen again for him. It was a first-ever title for the Ducks, who knocked off the four-time champions led by Aaron Brooks to earn their ring.
“This has been incredible, it has been an incredible experience,” a tearful Marbury said after winning his first major league championship. “This shows what this team is made up of, everyone stepped up and everyone played their role. We have been blessed as a team.”
After an NBA career that seemed a roller coaster, he has adopted China and the fans of his team. This clearly meant a lot to him.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42