Mar 30, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Right now, Andrew Bynum’s ill-advised three Tuesday seems like the least of the Lakers problems. But in a conversation with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak before the Lakers loss to the Thunder he did address the topic.
While Lakers coach Mike Brown said the issue would be handled by Kupchak internally, Kupchak said he doesn’t get involved in coach/player disputes. He also said that he didn’t see some grand conspiracy in all of this.
“I think was about three, I really believe he thought he could make the shot. He made one the night before,” Kupchak said. “He’s come a long way this year. His confidence has soared. But sometimes you have too much confidence, I think that is the case here.”
• Suns officials went to China to meet with Aaron Brooks — his team is in the Chinese Basketball Association finals. When that ends he can return to the NBA and play for the Suns, but smart money says he waits it out and becomes a restricted free agent next summer.
• GM Danny Ainge talks about his up and down Celtics.
• When Bobcats coach Paul Silas takes a night off his son and assistant coach Stephen takes over. The league wants more notice on this, because this nepotism is so different than the nepotism that is rampant throughout the ownership ranks around the league?
• Bobcats guard D.J. Augustin‘s has been struggling with his shot, and Silas thinks you can trace that back to the guard’s knee injury.
• Rudy Fernandez has surgery on his back Thursday. He will not be back this season.
• Cleveland have signed guard Lester Hudson to a 10-day contract.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18