Mar 30, 2012, 8:38 AM EDT
What you missed while deciding if you want to buy a bacon coffin…
Pacers 93, Wizards 89: Right now Indiana needs some wins, so the fact they struggled to beat a not very good Wizards team (even if Washington has played better since the deadline) is something we can look past. Danny Granger had 25 points, John Wall is still learning to close out games at the NBA level. It’s a learning process in Washington. It takes time. The Pacers have until the playoffs to right their ship.
Blazers 99, Hornets 93: New Orleans made a game of this, Portland played a lot of sloppy, shoot-it-early-in-the-shot-clock ball and it took a late 10-1 run by Portland to get this win. The Blazers hit enough of those shots to get the win, but it wasn’t pretty. LaMarcus Aldridge had 25, Marco Belinelli had 27 for the Hornets.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52