Mar 29, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this. But it amuses me. Thank you so much Dan Devine from Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, um, nugget.
Here is the description of what is going on from Nuggets.com.
When the pregame clock goes under 4 minutes, Nuggets equipment manager Sparky Gonzalez shouts “3:59, time to go to work!” and (assistant coach Chad) Iske follows with a guttural scream that typically lasts six to eight seconds.
“The screaming came as the numbers dwindled and it became a non-contact event,” Iske said. “I show my energy that way.”
Apparently when the coaching staff had Scotty Brooks and other guys on it they used to do a little pre-game coach mosh pit, but now they just yell.
Easily the best part of this is George Karl mocking Iske’s efforts. That guy has a future in standup comedy ahead of him (maybe opening for the observational humor of Stan Van Gundy).
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 27
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 8
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 28
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33