Mar 29, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this. But it amuses me. Thank you so much Dan Devine from Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, um, nugget.
Here is the description of what is going on from Nuggets.com.
When the pregame clock goes under 4 minutes, Nuggets equipment manager Sparky Gonzalez shouts “3:59, time to go to work!” and (assistant coach Chad) Iske follows with a guttural scream that typically lasts six to eight seconds.
“The screaming came as the numbers dwindled and it became a non-contact event,” Iske said. “I show my energy that way.”
Apparently when the coaching staff had Scotty Brooks and other guys on it they used to do a little pre-game coach mosh pit, but now they just yell.
Easily the best part of this is George Karl mocking Iske’s efforts. That guy has a future in standup comedy ahead of him (maybe opening for the observational humor of Stan Van Gundy).
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48