Mar 29, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this. But it amuses me. Thank you so much Dan Devine from Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, um, nugget.
Here is the description of what is going on from Nuggets.com.
When the pregame clock goes under 4 minutes, Nuggets equipment manager Sparky Gonzalez shouts “3:59, time to go to work!” and (assistant coach Chad) Iske follows with a guttural scream that typically lasts six to eight seconds.
“The screaming came as the numbers dwindled and it became a non-contact event,” Iske said. “I show my energy that way.”
Apparently when the coaching staff had Scotty Brooks and other guys on it they used to do a little pre-game coach mosh pit, but now they just yell.
Easily the best part of this is George Karl mocking Iske’s efforts. That guy has a future in standup comedy ahead of him (maybe opening for the observational humor of Stan Van Gundy).
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15