Mar 29, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this. But it amuses me. Thank you so much Dan Devine from Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, um, nugget.
Here is the description of what is going on from Nuggets.com.
When the pregame clock goes under 4 minutes, Nuggets equipment manager Sparky Gonzalez shouts “3:59, time to go to work!” and (assistant coach Chad) Iske follows with a guttural scream that typically lasts six to eight seconds.
“The screaming came as the numbers dwindled and it became a non-contact event,” Iske said. “I show my energy that way.”
Apparently when the coaching staff had Scotty Brooks and other guys on it they used to do a little pre-game coach mosh pit, but now they just yell.
Easily the best part of this is George Karl mocking Iske’s efforts. That guy has a future in standup comedy ahead of him (maybe opening for the observational humor of Stan Van Gundy).
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16