Mar 29, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this. But it amuses me. Thank you so much Dan Devine from Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, um, nugget.
Here is the description of what is going on from Nuggets.com.
When the pregame clock goes under 4 minutes, Nuggets equipment manager Sparky Gonzalez shouts “3:59, time to go to work!” and (assistant coach Chad) Iske follows with a guttural scream that typically lasts six to eight seconds.
“The screaming came as the numbers dwindled and it became a non-contact event,” Iske said. “I show my energy that way.”
Apparently when the coaching staff had Scotty Brooks and other guys on it they used to do a little pre-game coach mosh pit, but now they just yell.
Easily the best part of this is George Karl mocking Iske’s efforts. That guy has a future in standup comedy ahead of him (maybe opening for the observational humor of Stan Van Gundy).
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 39
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 62
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40