Mar 29, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Derek Fisher returned to Staples Center Thursday night, his first time back since being traded away two weeks ago to the day. After both teams were introduced and just before tip-off, the Lakers honored him with this video tribute, and the fans immediately jumped to their feet and responded with a loud, long standing ovation.
Fisher’s impact in Oklahoma City has yet to be determined, but he’s already missed dearly in Los Angeles.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18