Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Chicago Bulls are 12-5 in games Derrick Rose has missed this season. That is amazing. Rose is the heart of their offense, the MVP, but this team is committed on defense. Tom Thibodeau has to be in your Coach of the Year discussions.
• One of my favorite reads in a while: a fantastic post from Jonathan Abrams about what it is like to be traded as an NBA player.
• Patrick Ewing says he wouldn’t mind coaching the Knicks. In reality he wouldn’t mind coaching anybody.
• Rodney Stuckey left the Pistons game Wednesday with a tweaked hamstring and did not return. We’ll have to wait and see how severe that is.
• Don’t be shocked if you see the Celtics start resting their veterans during the regular season, looking ahead to having fresh legs in the playoffs.
• Could Stan Van Gundy be the next coach of the Knicks? Probably not, but the tabloids would love him.
• The Wizards are already feeling good about picking up Nene.
• Do the Golden State Warriors have a playoff roster next season?
• The hidden impact of Boris Diaw. On the court, not in the buffet lines.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37