Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Chicago Bulls are 12-5 in games Derrick Rose has missed this season. That is amazing. Rose is the heart of their offense, the MVP, but this team is committed on defense. Tom Thibodeau has to be in your Coach of the Year discussions.
• One of my favorite reads in a while: a fantastic post from Jonathan Abrams about what it is like to be traded as an NBA player.
• Patrick Ewing says he wouldn’t mind coaching the Knicks. In reality he wouldn’t mind coaching anybody.
• Rodney Stuckey left the Pistons game Wednesday with a tweaked hamstring and did not return. We’ll have to wait and see how severe that is.
• Don’t be shocked if you see the Celtics start resting their veterans during the regular season, looking ahead to having fresh legs in the playoffs.
• Could Stan Van Gundy be the next coach of the Knicks? Probably not, but the tabloids would love him.
• The Wizards are already feeling good about picking up Nene.
• Do the Golden State Warriors have a playoff roster next season?
• The hidden impact of Boris Diaw. On the court, not in the buffet lines.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 17
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 18
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30