Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Chicago Bulls are 12-5 in games Derrick Rose has missed this season. That is amazing. Rose is the heart of their offense, the MVP, but this team is committed on defense. Tom Thibodeau has to be in your Coach of the Year discussions.
• One of my favorite reads in a while: a fantastic post from Jonathan Abrams about what it is like to be traded as an NBA player.
• Patrick Ewing says he wouldn’t mind coaching the Knicks. In reality he wouldn’t mind coaching anybody.
• Rodney Stuckey left the Pistons game Wednesday with a tweaked hamstring and did not return. We’ll have to wait and see how severe that is.
• Don’t be shocked if you see the Celtics start resting their veterans during the regular season, looking ahead to having fresh legs in the playoffs.
• Could Stan Van Gundy be the next coach of the Knicks? Probably not, but the tabloids would love him.
• The Wizards are already feeling good about picking up Nene.
• Do the Golden State Warriors have a playoff roster next season?
• The hidden impact of Boris Diaw. On the court, not in the buffet lines.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4