Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Chicago Bulls are 12-5 in games Derrick Rose has missed this season. That is amazing. Rose is the heart of their offense, the MVP, but this team is committed on defense. Tom Thibodeau has to be in your Coach of the Year discussions.
• One of my favorite reads in a while: a fantastic post from Jonathan Abrams about what it is like to be traded as an NBA player.
• Patrick Ewing says he wouldn’t mind coaching the Knicks. In reality he wouldn’t mind coaching anybody.
• Rodney Stuckey left the Pistons game Wednesday with a tweaked hamstring and did not return. We’ll have to wait and see how severe that is.
• Don’t be shocked if you see the Celtics start resting their veterans during the regular season, looking ahead to having fresh legs in the playoffs.
• Could Stan Van Gundy be the next coach of the Knicks? Probably not, but the tabloids would love him.
• The Wizards are already feeling good about picking up Nene.
• Do the Golden State Warriors have a playoff roster next season?
• The hidden impact of Boris Diaw. On the court, not in the buffet lines.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 12
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 22
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27