Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Chicago Bulls are 12-5 in games Derrick Rose has missed this season. That is amazing. Rose is the heart of their offense, the MVP, but this team is committed on defense. Tom Thibodeau has to be in your Coach of the Year discussions.
• One of my favorite reads in a while: a fantastic post from Jonathan Abrams about what it is like to be traded as an NBA player.
• Patrick Ewing says he wouldn’t mind coaching the Knicks. In reality he wouldn’t mind coaching anybody.
• Rodney Stuckey left the Pistons game Wednesday with a tweaked hamstring and did not return. We’ll have to wait and see how severe that is.
• Don’t be shocked if you see the Celtics start resting their veterans during the regular season, looking ahead to having fresh legs in the playoffs.
• Could Stan Van Gundy be the next coach of the Knicks? Probably not, but the tabloids would love him.
• The Wizards are already feeling good about picking up Nene.
• Do the Golden State Warriors have a playoff roster next season?
• The hidden impact of Boris Diaw. On the court, not in the buffet lines.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11