Mar 29, 2012, 10:08 AM EST
It was a fluke, an innocent play midway through the second quarter of an eventual Nets victory.
Williams left the game and had to go to the hospital. Now Andy Vasquez of the Bergin Record tweets he will be out a little while.
Shelden Williams out through at least April 5 with what the Nets call a right eye injury. SW was the only net to play in every game this yr.
Nets coach Avery Johnson sounded concerned after the game last night, according the New York Post. Williams did not join the Nets on a flight out to the West Coast for a few games.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)