Mar 29, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
Jeremy Lin has sat out the last two games for the Knicks and is questionable for Friday night due to a sore right knee.
When he does come back, he’s going to be playing limited minutes, Mike Woodson said, via Al Iannazzone of Newsday on Sulia.
Since the knee issues came from “overuse,” Mike Woodson said when Lin returns he’ll likely have to limit his minutes. “Yeah, I got a bunch of guys that I got to watch minutes,” Woodson said. “But we have enough players to do that I think where we don’t have to burn guys and play 30 or 35 minutes or 40 minutes. When guys get back I have to watch that closely.”
With the Knicks on a back-to-back this weekend, expect Lin to play in just one of those games.
The Knicks got 25 points and great defense out of Iman Shumpert in their win over the Magic, and they are going to need more games out of role players just like that. Carmelo Anthony will get his (even with a strained groin) and Tyson Chandler will anchor the defense, but with Stoudemire out and Lin limited other guys are going to be key for the Knicks.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45