Mar 29, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has sat out the last two games for the Knicks and is questionable for Friday night due to a sore right knee.
When he does come back, he’s going to be playing limited minutes, Mike Woodson said, via Al Iannazzone of Newsday on Sulia.
Since the knee issues came from “overuse,” Mike Woodson said when Lin returns he’ll likely have to limit his minutes. “Yeah, I got a bunch of guys that I got to watch minutes,” Woodson said. “But we have enough players to do that I think where we don’t have to burn guys and play 30 or 35 minutes or 40 minutes. When guys get back I have to watch that closely.”
With the Knicks on a back-to-back this weekend, expect Lin to play in just one of those games.
The Knicks got 25 points and great defense out of Iman Shumpert in their win over the Magic, and they are going to need more games out of role players just like that. Carmelo Anthony will get his (even with a strained groin) and Tyson Chandler will anchor the defense, but with Stoudemire out and Lin limited other guys are going to be key for the Knicks.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48