Mar 29, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has sat out the last two games for the Knicks and is questionable for Friday night due to a sore right knee.
When he does come back, he’s going to be playing limited minutes, Mike Woodson said, via Al Iannazzone of Newsday on Sulia.
Since the knee issues came from “overuse,” Mike Woodson said when Lin returns he’ll likely have to limit his minutes. “Yeah, I got a bunch of guys that I got to watch minutes,” Woodson said. “But we have enough players to do that I think where we don’t have to burn guys and play 30 or 35 minutes or 40 minutes. When guys get back I have to watch that closely.”
With the Knicks on a back-to-back this weekend, expect Lin to play in just one of those games.
The Knicks got 25 points and great defense out of Iman Shumpert in their win over the Magic, and they are going to need more games out of role players just like that. Carmelo Anthony will get his (even with a strained groin) and Tyson Chandler will anchor the defense, but with Stoudemire out and Lin limited other guys are going to be key for the Knicks.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 5
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games