Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16