Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64