Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9