Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48