Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8