Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7