Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 0
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 3
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 6
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 18
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6