Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He always seems pumped to play the guy he was traded for in Al Jefferson — KG dropped 23 and 10 on the Jazz — but Garnett tried to blow that off after the game. However, KG was talking motivation and what gets him going now that he is old.
Turns out, calling him old for one. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I’m motivated,” said Garnett, who will be 36 in May. “I hear y’all calling me old. I hear y’all calling me older, weathered. It don’t really take much to motivate me. I’m older in basketball years, but in life I’m 30-something.”
You watch Garnett in games like Wednesday and you know he can turn back the clock for a stretch (he’s had a few really good games in a row). Same with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen (once Allen gets healthy).
Question is, can they do it long enough to win in the playoffs?
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 4
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 33
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 35