Mar 28, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this odd Jeremy Lin dance from a television show in the Far East (I am not guessing at the country), but I kept watching it. I know that doesn’t speak well of me. Hat tip The Basketball Jones.
• In case you missed it, last night Kobe Bryant moved past Michael Jordan to into second on the all-time list of most points a player has scored with one franchise. (Karl Malone is your leader.)
• There are reasons Grizzlies fans should be concerned that billionaire Larry Ellison is thinking about purchasing the team. There are reasons to improve the situation. But know that moving them out of Memphis before 2021 is going to be very difficult and involve a healthy court battle.
• The NBA is now selling T-shirts with players’ twitter handles on them. The shirts have a team logo on one side and the player’s Twitter handle above his uniform number on the other. Players such as Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul are featured, and you can get them at the NBA Store.
• The Miami Heat let you take (and make) too many threes. That could come back to bite them.
• A fantastic essay on GM Geoff Petrie and the Sacramento Kings.
• Dwyane Wade has written a book about fatherhood.
• One-time can’t miss prospect, now huge question mark Renardo Sidney — the power forward from Mississippi State — has signed with an agent and will declare for the 2012 NBA draft. DraftExpress does not have him being drafted, but if he shows well at the combine and in workouts maybe somebody takes a chance on him in the second round.
• Some really good advice for college players thinking of putting their names in for the NBA draft.
• Making the case that Kevin Durant could, maybe should, win the league’s Most Improved Player award.
• Houston has signed forward Malcolm Thomas to a 10-day contract.
• The Wizards have brought back Cartier Martin and signed him to a 10-day contract.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 2
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 12
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27