Mar 28, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this odd Jeremy Lin dance from a television show in the Far East (I am not guessing at the country), but I kept watching it. I know that doesn’t speak well of me. Hat tip The Basketball Jones.
• In case you missed it, last night Kobe Bryant moved past Michael Jordan to into second on the all-time list of most points a player has scored with one franchise. (Karl Malone is your leader.)
• There are reasons Grizzlies fans should be concerned that billionaire Larry Ellison is thinking about purchasing the team. There are reasons to improve the situation. But know that moving them out of Memphis before 2021 is going to be very difficult and involve a healthy court battle.
• The NBA is now selling T-shirts with players’ twitter handles on them. The shirts have a team logo on one side and the player’s Twitter handle above his uniform number on the other. Players such as Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul are featured, and you can get them at the NBA Store.
• The Miami Heat let you take (and make) too many threes. That could come back to bite them.
• A fantastic essay on GM Geoff Petrie and the Sacramento Kings.
• Dwyane Wade has written a book about fatherhood.
• One-time can’t miss prospect, now huge question mark Renardo Sidney — the power forward from Mississippi State — has signed with an agent and will declare for the 2012 NBA draft. DraftExpress does not have him being drafted, but if he shows well at the combine and in workouts maybe somebody takes a chance on him in the second round.
• Some really good advice for college players thinking of putting their names in for the NBA draft.
• Making the case that Kevin Durant could, maybe should, win the league’s Most Improved Player award.
• Houston has signed forward Malcolm Thomas to a 10-day contract.
• The Wizards have brought back Cartier Martin and signed him to a 10-day contract.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13