Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 AM EST
Jerryd Bayless had been playing pretty well for Toronto a couple of weeks ago — he dropped 29 on the Bobcats. And to prove he could score against an actual NBA defense he also dropped 28 on the Memphis Grizzlies. He’d been looking good.
But now he is out for the season with a torn oblique muscle, the team has announced.
This was an injury first described as a hip pointer by the team, but it just kept getting worse.
Not good for the Raptors, not good for Bayless. He is a restricted free agent this summer and it will be interesting to see if any other team makes a run at him, and if the Raptors would match. He has had an up and down career, now bad to the Raptors want to keep him?
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)