Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless had been playing pretty well for Toronto a couple of weeks ago — he dropped 29 on the Bobcats. And to prove he could score against an actual NBA defense he also dropped 28 on the Memphis Grizzlies. He’d been looking good.
But now he is out for the season with a torn oblique muscle, the team has announced.
This was an injury first described as a hip pointer by the team, but it just kept getting worse.
Not good for the Raptors, not good for Bayless. He is a restricted free agent this summer and it will be interesting to see if any other team makes a run at him, and if the Raptors would match. He has had an up and down career, now bad to the Raptors want to keep him?
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23