Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless had been playing pretty well for Toronto a couple of weeks ago — he dropped 29 on the Bobcats. And to prove he could score against an actual NBA defense he also dropped 28 on the Memphis Grizzlies. He’d been looking good.
But now he is out for the season with a torn oblique muscle, the team has announced.
This was an injury first described as a hip pointer by the team, but it just kept getting worse.
Not good for the Raptors, not good for Bayless. He is a restricted free agent this summer and it will be interesting to see if any other team makes a run at him, and if the Raptors would match. He has had an up and down career, now bad to the Raptors want to keep him?
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17