Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 AM EST
Jerryd Bayless had been playing pretty well for Toronto a couple of weeks ago — he dropped 29 on the Bobcats. And to prove he could score against an actual NBA defense he also dropped 28 on the Memphis Grizzlies. He’d been looking good.
But now he is out for the season with a torn oblique muscle, the team has announced.
This was an injury first described as a hip pointer by the team, but it just kept getting worse.
Not good for the Raptors, not good for Bayless. He is a restricted free agent this summer and it will be interesting to see if any other team makes a run at him, and if the Raptors would match. He has had an up and down career, now bad to the Raptors want to keep him?
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10