Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless had been playing pretty well for Toronto a couple of weeks ago — he dropped 29 on the Bobcats. And to prove he could score against an actual NBA defense he also dropped 28 on the Memphis Grizzlies. He’d been looking good.
But now he is out for the season with a torn oblique muscle, the team has announced.
This was an injury first described as a hip pointer by the team, but it just kept getting worse.
Not good for the Raptors, not good for Bayless. He is a restricted free agent this summer and it will be interesting to see if any other team makes a run at him, and if the Raptors would match. He has had an up and down career, now bad to the Raptors want to keep him?
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 16
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2