Mar 28, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Pressure is on in New York.
The Knicks got a nice win Monday over the Bucks to create some breathing room, but with about a month until the playoffs start they are still only two games up on the nine-seed Bucks. And they are going to be without Amare Stoudemire for probably close to a month (I’m not buying the two-week stuff). And they are without Jeremy Lin Wednesday.
The biggest thing now is he holds guys accountable on the basketball court regardless of who it is like myself, Amar’e, Tyson [Chandler], Jeremy [Lin]. Regardless of who it is he holds guys accountable. That’s big especially in this day and age.”
With Stoudemire out a lot of the accountability, responsibility and pressure now falls to Anthony.
Oh it’s a lot. It’s a lot. It’s a team. I am not the only one on a team. A moment like this is where it becomes fun. I have been around this league for eight years. This is my ninth season, so I’ve been in situations like this before and it’s a very fun time. It’s a very fun situation to be in. Of course we would like it a little bit better where we are not fighting for it to solidify a spot, but at times like this it becomes fun.”
When we get to the playoffs, wherever the Knicks land, the credit or blame is going to go to Anthony. This is why he came to New York. For that spotlight. Time to embrace it.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6