Mar 28, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Pressure is on in New York.
The Knicks got a nice win Monday over the Bucks to create some breathing room, but with about a month until the playoffs start they are still only two games up on the nine-seed Bucks. And they are going to be without Amare Stoudemire for probably close to a month (I’m not buying the two-week stuff). And they are without Jeremy Lin Wednesday.
The biggest thing now is he holds guys accountable on the basketball court regardless of who it is like myself, Amar’e, Tyson [Chandler], Jeremy [Lin]. Regardless of who it is he holds guys accountable. That’s big especially in this day and age.”
With Stoudemire out a lot of the accountability, responsibility and pressure now falls to Anthony.
Oh it’s a lot. It’s a lot. It’s a team. I am not the only one on a team. A moment like this is where it becomes fun. I have been around this league for eight years. This is my ninth season, so I’ve been in situations like this before and it’s a very fun time. It’s a very fun situation to be in. Of course we would like it a little bit better where we are not fighting for it to solidify a spot, but at times like this it becomes fun.”
When we get to the playoffs, wherever the Knicks land, the credit or blame is going to go to Anthony. This is why he came to New York. For that spotlight. Time to embrace it.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27