Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
Other reports out of New York suggest leaning toward the long-end of that scale, which means he basically will be back for the playoffs. Until then it’s Carmelo Anthony’s job to make sure they make it there.
It has also been announced that Jeremy Lin will be out for the Knicks Wednesday night when the team takes on the Orlando Magic due to a sore knee. Anthony is listed as questionable due to a groin strain but said Tuesday he would play.
Stoudemire flew to Miami for a second opinion on the bulging disc in his back and both doctors recommended not having surgery, the Knicks reported. He will have a variety of treatments on it, including and epidural.
If Stoudemire is out until the playoffs, all the pressure of getting this team to the playoffs (and maybe chasing the Sixers and Celtics for the Atlantic division crown) falls to Carmelo Anthony. Fair or not. He is the guy James Dolan brought in at great expense (in terms of players given up) to be the face of the franchise. To be the man. Now he has to be.
Although the real key for the Knicks is for them to keep playing defense like they have since Woodson took over.
Then they can get Stoudemire back for the playoffs and try to re-integrate a key piece for the post season. That will be a whole new set of issues. But one bridge at a time for the Knicks.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 27
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)