Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Other reports out of New York suggest leaning toward the long-end of that scale, which means he basically will be back for the playoffs. Until then it’s Carmelo Anthony’s job to make sure they make it there.
It has also been announced that Jeremy Lin will be out for the Knicks Wednesday night when the team takes on the Orlando Magic due to a sore knee. Anthony is listed as questionable due to a groin strain but said Tuesday he would play.
Stoudemire flew to Miami for a second opinion on the bulging disc in his back and both doctors recommended not having surgery, the Knicks reported. He will have a variety of treatments on it, including and epidural.
If Stoudemire is out until the playoffs, all the pressure of getting this team to the playoffs (and maybe chasing the Sixers and Celtics for the Atlantic division crown) falls to Carmelo Anthony. Fair or not. He is the guy James Dolan brought in at great expense (in terms of players given up) to be the face of the franchise. To be the man. Now he has to be.
Although the real key for the Knicks is for them to keep playing defense like they have since Woodson took over.
Then they can get Stoudemire back for the playoffs and try to re-integrate a key piece for the post season. That will be a whole new set of issues. But one bridge at a time for the Knicks.
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 17
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 72
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (72)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay