Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Other reports out of New York suggest leaning toward the long-end of that scale, which means he basically will be back for the playoffs. Until then it’s Carmelo Anthony’s job to make sure they make it there.
It has also been announced that Jeremy Lin will be out for the Knicks Wednesday night when the team takes on the Orlando Magic due to a sore knee. Anthony is listed as questionable due to a groin strain but said Tuesday he would play.
Stoudemire flew to Miami for a second opinion on the bulging disc in his back and both doctors recommended not having surgery, the Knicks reported. He will have a variety of treatments on it, including and epidural.
If Stoudemire is out until the playoffs, all the pressure of getting this team to the playoffs (and maybe chasing the Sixers and Celtics for the Atlantic division crown) falls to Carmelo Anthony. Fair or not. He is the guy James Dolan brought in at great expense (in terms of players given up) to be the face of the franchise. To be the man. Now he has to be.
Although the real key for the Knicks is for them to keep playing defense like they have since Woodson took over.
Then they can get Stoudemire back for the playoffs and try to re-integrate a key piece for the post season. That will be a whole new set of issues. But one bridge at a time for the Knicks.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 0
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10