Mar 28, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Officially it is two weeks, but more likely it is for the season.
Curry has sat out 10 games already this stretch and 21 for the season with ankle issues that date back to last season (despite off-season surgery). With this latest announcement he would not return until April 11 or 12.
So he is going to come back to play nine or 10 games at the end of a season where the Warriors have no realistic chance of making the playoffs? What’s the point. Rest Curry. Rest Andrew Bogut. Get a nice draft pick, make some offseason moves and attack this thing fresh next fall.
But Curry wants to get back on the court. We’ll see in a couple of weeks where that stands.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 15
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 56
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20