Mar 28, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Officially it is two weeks, but more likely it is for the season.
Curry has sat out 10 games already this stretch and 21 for the season with ankle issues that date back to last season (despite off-season surgery). With this latest announcement he would not return until April 11 or 12.
So he is going to come back to play nine or 10 games at the end of a season where the Warriors have no realistic chance of making the playoffs? What’s the point. Rest Curry. Rest Andrew Bogut. Get a nice draft pick, make some offseason moves and attack this thing fresh next fall.
But Curry wants to get back on the court. We’ll see in a couple of weeks where that stands.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12