Mar 28, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson has been battling injury issues all season long. He’s played in just 35 games due to a host of neck and foot issues.
And now one of those foot issues — a torn tendon — has the shooter down for the season. The team thought it was a sprained ankle suffered back on March 19 (X-rays at the time were negative) but when it wasn’t healing right he got an MRI that discovered the tear.
This is an injury he could and will bounce back from, but with four weeks left in the season it’s hard to see him suiting up again until next fall.
Which is fine for Cleveland — they don’t need to make a playoff push, they need to make the lottery and get more players to put around Kyrie Irving.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy