Mar 28, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson has been battling injury issues all season long. He’s played in just 35 games due to a host of neck and foot issues.
And now one of those foot issues — a torn tendon — has the shooter down for the season. The team thought it was a sprained ankle suffered back on March 19 (X-rays at the time were negative) but when it wasn’t healing right he got an MRI that discovered the tear.
This is an injury he could and will bounce back from, but with four weeks left in the season it’s hard to see him suiting up again until next fall.
Which is fine for Cleveland — they don’t need to make a playoff push, they need to make the lottery and get more players to put around Kyrie Irving.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7