Mar 28, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson has been battling injury issues all season long. He’s played in just 35 games due to a host of neck and foot issues.
And now one of those foot issues — a torn tendon — has the shooter down for the season. The team thought it was a sprained ankle suffered back on March 19 (X-rays at the time were negative) but when it wasn’t healing right he got an MRI that discovered the tear.
This is an injury he could and will bounce back from, but with four weeks left in the season it’s hard to see him suiting up again until next fall.
Which is fine for Cleveland — they don’t need to make a playoff push, they need to make the lottery and get more players to put around Kyrie Irving.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4