Mar 28, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson has been battling injury issues all season long. He’s played in just 35 games due to a host of neck and foot issues.
And now one of those foot issues — a torn tendon — has the shooter down for the season. The team thought it was a sprained ankle suffered back on March 19 (X-rays at the time were negative) but when it wasn’t healing right he got an MRI that discovered the tear.
This is an injury he could and will bounce back from, but with four weeks left in the season it’s hard to see him suiting up again until next fall.
Which is fine for Cleveland — they don’t need to make a playoff push, they need to make the lottery and get more players to put around Kyrie Irving.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38