Mar 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
The Clippers are in the middle of playing 20 games in 31 days in March — no team has faced something like that in 45 years. It’s the price they pay for having a more traditionally paced schedule for the first month of the season.
They need their depth to get through it. So this is bad news.
“It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks and then we’ll re-evaluate him then,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks, that’s what the specialist said.”
Williams provides a real scoring punch off the bench for the Clippers (13.6 points per game) that they will miss.
The Clippers are currently the four seed in the West, but are just 1.5 games ahead of nine-seed Denver.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30