Mar 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Clippers are in the middle of playing 20 games in 31 days in March — no team has faced something like that in 45 years. It’s the price they pay for having a more traditionally paced schedule for the first month of the season.
They need their depth to get through it. So this is bad news.
“It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks and then we’ll re-evaluate him then,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks, that’s what the specialist said.”
Williams provides a real scoring punch off the bench for the Clippers (13.6 points per game) that they will miss.
The Clippers are currently the four seed in the West, but are just 1.5 games ahead of nine-seed Denver.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40