Mar 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Clippers are in the middle of playing 20 games in 31 days in March — no team has faced something like that in 45 years. It’s the price they pay for having a more traditionally paced schedule for the first month of the season.
They need their depth to get through it. So this is bad news.
“It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks and then we’ll re-evaluate him then,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks, that’s what the specialist said.”
Williams provides a real scoring punch off the bench for the Clippers (13.6 points per game) that they will miss.
The Clippers are currently the four seed in the West, but are just 1.5 games ahead of nine-seed Denver.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 41
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3