Mar 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Clippers are in the middle of playing 20 games in 31 days in March — no team has faced something like that in 45 years. It’s the price they pay for having a more traditionally paced schedule for the first month of the season.
They need their depth to get through it. So this is bad news.
“It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks and then we’ll re-evaluate him then,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks, that’s what the specialist said.”
Williams provides a real scoring punch off the bench for the Clippers (13.6 points per game) that they will miss.
The Clippers are currently the four seed in the West, but are just 1.5 games ahead of nine-seed Denver.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22