Mar 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Clippers are in the middle of playing 20 games in 31 days in March — no team has faced something like that in 45 years. It’s the price they pay for having a more traditionally paced schedule for the first month of the season.
They need their depth to get through it. So this is bad news.
“It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks and then we’ll re-evaluate him then,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “It’s going to be at least a couple of weeks, that’s what the specialist said.”
Williams provides a real scoring punch off the bench for the Clippers (13.6 points per game) that they will miss.
The Clippers are currently the four seed in the West, but are just 1.5 games ahead of nine-seed Denver.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17