The time Michael Beasley had to wear Kevin Love’s shoe

Mar 27, 2012, 10:12 PM EDT

Luke Ridnour, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley AP

Sunday Michael Beasley was questionable in a game against the Nuggets due to a sprained big toe, but he went out and played anyway and scored 11 points in the game.

You’ve probably been wondering, “How did he do that?” Okay, no you didn’t. Neither did I. Nobody did.

But it turns out the story of story of how he got out on the court comfortably enough to play is pretty amusing. Here it is, from the Star Tribune (hat tip to SLAM).

Michael Beasley did in a 117-100 victory over Denver on Sunday, when he borrowed a pair of Love’s size-19 sneakers because his sprained big toe was too swollen to fit comfortably into his own.

“He’s got a fat foot,” Beasley said. “He’s like a triple E or something.”

Fat foot Love. Yea, I’m just going to let that one drop.

And as Beasley had a very Beasley-like 5-of-15 shooting line that night, Rick Adelman may suggest not making that switch in the future.

1. glink123 - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Does anybody remember all the debate about whether the Bulls should take Beasley or Rose with the first pick in the draft? lol.

• drunkenjunk - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

lol yea, wasn’t Beasley the sure thing?

• redbullenergydrink - Mar 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hindsight is 20/20

• 00maltliquor - Mar 28, 2012 at 3:08 AM

OMG yes, I remember. And I was one of the idiots who thought not only was Beasley the better player, but thought CHI should had tooken him since they needed a PF at the time since Kurt Hinrich was there and playing some good ball, why double up on a position that was already good when there was a hole at the 4! I don’t miss on many player evaluations, but I can admit I was ridiculously wrong on that one. Major, major egg on my face.

2. Justin - Mar 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

No one can fill Love’s shoes.

• 00maltliquor - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Dammit you beat me to it! LOL

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches