Mar 27, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Earlier this season it seemed like nobody was going to catch the 76ers atop the Atlantic division. Unless they struggled and came back to the pack. Which is exactly what they did. Now they are tied with Boston for the division lead (and the four seed, meaning you get to avoid Miami and Chicago in the first round).
Just to make things harder, the Sixers will likely have to go without Andre Iguodala Tuesday night against the Cavaliers. While he is officially a game-time call coach Doug Collins called him “doubtful,” according to CSNPhilly.com.
Iguodala sat out the Sixers loss to the Spurs Sunday due to the tendonitis in his left knee.
“I had the same feeling before like two weeks ago, and two weeks ago I played through it and it didn’t quite work out for me,” Iguodala said Monday. “So I tried to tell myself that if it happens again you have to let someone know because we are coming down the stretch and we don’t want this overlapping with late April or early May.”
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 6
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 15
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 41
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (105)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (86)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay