Sixers likely to be without Andre Iguodala Tuesday vs. Cavs

Mar 27, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT

Philadelphia 76ers v Miami Heat - Game Five Getty Images

Earlier this season it seemed like nobody was going to catch the 76ers atop the Atlantic division. Unless they struggled and came back to the pack. Which is exactly what they did. Now they are tied with Boston for the division lead (and the four seed, meaning you get to avoid Miami and Chicago in the first round).

Just to make things harder, the Sixers will likely have to go without Andre Iguodala Tuesday night against the Cavaliers. While he is officially a game-time call coach Doug Collins called him “doubtful,” according to CSNPhilly.com.

Iguodala sat out the Sixers loss to the Spurs Sunday due to the tendonitis in his left knee.

“I had the same feeling before like two weeks ago, and two weeks ago I played through it and it didn’t quite work out for me,” Iguodala said Monday. “So I tried to tell myself that if it happens again you have to let someone know because we are coming down the stretch and we don’t want this overlapping with late April or early May.”

1. captainwisdom8888 - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I love the way this guy can fill a stat sheet and make his teammates better, but he can’t score and can’t stay healthy. He doesn’t have a go-to move around the rim and he doesn’t jump over people quite like he used to. I’ve scoffed at other’s pleas to trade this guy away but I’m starting to realize we gotta let this dude go..

• sasquash20 - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM

They need to move him now. He is the most frustrating player ever! He doesn’t have the nerve or the heart to take a game over when he needs too. He does try and he does fail almost every time. Anyone who doesn’t get why he needs to be traded just hasn’t watched him play enough. He would be a great 3rd option on a team ready to make a serious title run.

• sasquash20 - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

By now clearly I mean in the off season since the trade deadline has passed

• tcclark - Mar 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Can’t stay healthy? He’s missed 22 total games in his career. He’s played 82 games in 5 of his 8 seasons and missed 15 of his 22 games in one season. He is one of the most durable players in the NBA. That right there makes you sound stupid.

Second, what is a “go to move around the rim”? Who has one of those? you either dunk, lay it up, or shoot a runner/floater. and no one just uses one.

2. jumbossportsblog - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Reblogged this on jumbossportsblog.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches