Mar 27, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
You can add this to the list of things that may be causing the Heat to be in a bit of a funk.
The severity of the injury is not known at this point, but sources indicated the finger might be dislocated. The Heat did not practice Tuesday and had no comment on James’ injury.
The injury, which is to James’ non-shooting hand, occurred in the first half and did not force James to leave the game. Instead, after having it taped by a Heat trainer, he went on to play 41 minutes, scoring 24 points with nine rebounds while making 9 of 21 shots. He then iced his finger after the game.
If it’s on his non-shooting hand he may not miss any games, the Heat are off until Thursday when the play Dallas. James is already playing through some elbow pain but has not missed time due to that.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 0
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11