Mar 27, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
You can add this to the list of things that may be causing the Heat to be in a bit of a funk.
The severity of the injury is not known at this point, but sources indicated the finger might be dislocated. The Heat did not practice Tuesday and had no comment on James’ injury.
The injury, which is to James’ non-shooting hand, occurred in the first half and did not force James to leave the game. Instead, after having it taped by a Heat trainer, he went on to play 41 minutes, scoring 24 points with nine rebounds while making 9 of 21 shots. He then iced his finger after the game.
If it’s on his non-shooting hand he may not miss any games, the Heat are off until Thursday when the play Dallas. James is already playing through some elbow pain but has not missed time due to that.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17