Mar 27, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
You can add this to the list of things that may be causing the Heat to be in a bit of a funk.
The severity of the injury is not known at this point, but sources indicated the finger might be dislocated. The Heat did not practice Tuesday and had no comment on James’ injury.
The injury, which is to James’ non-shooting hand, occurred in the first half and did not force James to leave the game. Instead, after having it taped by a Heat trainer, he went on to play 41 minutes, scoring 24 points with nine rebounds while making 9 of 21 shots. He then iced his finger after the game.
If it’s on his non-shooting hand he may not miss any games, the Heat are off until Thursday when the play Dallas. James is already playing through some elbow pain but has not missed time due to that.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42