Mar 27, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
You can add this to the list of things that may be causing the Heat to be in a bit of a funk.
The severity of the injury is not known at this point, but sources indicated the finger might be dislocated. The Heat did not practice Tuesday and had no comment on James’ injury.
The injury, which is to James’ non-shooting hand, occurred in the first half and did not force James to leave the game. Instead, after having it taped by a Heat trainer, he went on to play 41 minutes, scoring 24 points with nine rebounds while making 9 of 21 shots. He then iced his finger after the game.
If it’s on his non-shooting hand he may not miss any games, the Heat are off until Thursday when the play Dallas. James is already playing through some elbow pain but has not missed time due to that.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 7
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4