Mar 27, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
UPDATE 8:36 pm: Carmelo Anthony was making the media rounds on Tuesday (doing a number of national radio and local television and radio interviews) and mostly said nothing of interest, except telling a New York radio show that he will play Wednesday against the Magic. Here is a tweet from Howard Beck of the New York Times who was listening to the interview.
Carmelo, speaking on Michael Kaye show, just said he will play “for sure” on Weds vs Orlando. Officially listed as questionable.
Players say this all the time, so I would suggest taking it with a grain of salt. Groin injuries can be slow to heal, the Knicks might be better to let him rest for one game rather than aggravate the injury and miss more. But the Knicks need the wins as well.
3:31 pm: So, Knicks fans: Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The good? Well Carmelo Anthony says the groin injury he suffered in the third quarter Monday night was not as severe as the one that kept him out seven games last month. Here is the quote, via Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
“It’s not nearly as bad as it was the first time. I was able to get back out there and still play.”
The bad news? He is still questionable for the game against the Magic on Wednesday. So is Jeremy Lin.
The Knicks and their fans have their eyes on the 76ers and the Atlantic Division crown after creating a little space between themselves and the Bucks on Monday night. However, with Amare Stoudemire out for an extended period and now the Knicks still have to worry more about getting caught than catching anyone if they have to play any length of time without their best scorers.
Really, I wouldn’t be shocked if the 76ers, Celtics or Knicks ended up winning the division.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18