Mar 27, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
UPDATE 8:36 pm: Carmelo Anthony was making the media rounds on Tuesday (doing a number of national radio and local television and radio interviews) and mostly said nothing of interest, except telling a New York radio show that he will play Wednesday against the Magic. Here is a tweet from Howard Beck of the New York Times who was listening to the interview.
Carmelo, speaking on Michael Kaye show, just said he will play “for sure” on Weds vs Orlando. Officially listed as questionable.
Players say this all the time, so I would suggest taking it with a grain of salt. Groin injuries can be slow to heal, the Knicks might be better to let him rest for one game rather than aggravate the injury and miss more. But the Knicks need the wins as well.
3:31 pm: So, Knicks fans: Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The good? Well Carmelo Anthony says the groin injury he suffered in the third quarter Monday night was not as severe as the one that kept him out seven games last month. Here is the quote, via Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
“It’s not nearly as bad as it was the first time. I was able to get back out there and still play.”
The bad news? He is still questionable for the game against the Magic on Wednesday. So is Jeremy Lin.
The Knicks and their fans have their eyes on the 76ers and the Atlantic Division crown after creating a little space between themselves and the Bucks on Monday night. However, with Amare Stoudemire out for an extended period and now the Knicks still have to worry more about getting caught than catching anyone if they have to play any length of time without their best scorers.
Really, I wouldn’t be shocked if the 76ers, Celtics or Knicks ended up winning the division.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games