Mar 26, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rockets need all the backcourt help they can get right now. Kyle Lowry is out (and is not even being evaluated again until April 7 and he could be out for the season), Kevin Martin has had shoulder issues and Kevin McHale has not yet figured out how to clone Goran Dragic.
So the Rockets have signed journeyman Early Boykins to a 10-day contract, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports on twitter.
Boykins hasn’t played in the NBA all season — there wasn’t a D-League guy they liked better? — but he did average 7.2 points per game in 57 appearances with the Bucks last season. And he’s short (5’5”) and quick.
This is a sign of how desperate the Rockets are for some help in the backcourt.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31