Mar 26, 2012, 4:28 PM EST
The Rockets need all the backcourt help they can get right now. Kyle Lowry is out (and is not even being evaluated again until April 7 and he could be out for the season), Kevin Martin has had shoulder issues and Kevin McHale has not yet figured out how to clone Goran Dragic.
So the Rockets have signed journeyman Early Boykins to a 10-day contract, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports on twitter.
Boykins hasn’t played in the NBA all season — there wasn’t a D-League guy they liked better? — but he did average 7.2 points per game in 57 appearances with the Bucks last season. And he’s short (5’5”) and quick.
This is a sign of how desperate the Rockets are for some help in the backcourt.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 5
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 33
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 51
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28