Mar 26, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rockets need all the backcourt help they can get right now. Kyle Lowry is out (and is not even being evaluated again until April 7 and he could be out for the season), Kevin Martin has had shoulder issues and Kevin McHale has not yet figured out how to clone Goran Dragic.
So the Rockets have signed journeyman Early Boykins to a 10-day contract, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports on twitter.
Boykins hasn’t played in the NBA all season — there wasn’t a D-League guy they liked better? — but he did average 7.2 points per game in 57 appearances with the Bucks last season. And he’s short (5’5”) and quick.
This is a sign of how desperate the Rockets are for some help in the backcourt.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9