Mar 26, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rockets need all the backcourt help they can get right now. Kyle Lowry is out (and is not even being evaluated again until April 7 and he could be out for the season), Kevin Martin has had shoulder issues and Kevin McHale has not yet figured out how to clone Goran Dragic.
So the Rockets have signed journeyman Early Boykins to a 10-day contract, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports on twitter.
Boykins hasn’t played in the NBA all season — there wasn’t a D-League guy they liked better? — but he did average 7.2 points per game in 57 appearances with the Bucks last season. And he’s short (5’5”) and quick.
This is a sign of how desperate the Rockets are for some help in the backcourt.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 4
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50