Mar 26, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rockets need all the backcourt help they can get right now. Kyle Lowry is out (and is not even being evaluated again until April 7 and he could be out for the season), Kevin Martin has had shoulder issues and Kevin McHale has not yet figured out how to clone Goran Dragic.
So the Rockets have signed journeyman Early Boykins to a 10-day contract, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports on twitter.
Boykins hasn’t played in the NBA all season — there wasn’t a D-League guy they liked better? — but he did average 7.2 points per game in 57 appearances with the Bucks last season. And he’s short (5’5”) and quick.
This is a sign of how desperate the Rockets are for some help in the backcourt.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38