Mar 26, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Friday night it looked scary for Mickael Pietrus — after an awkward fall in Philadelphia where his neck snapped a little (but his head never hit the floor) he had to be taken off the court on a stretcher.
He was released from the hospital but did not travel with the team back to Boston.
Now we have the official diagnosis — Pietrus has a concussion and is out indefinately, Doc Rivers told the media (via the Boston Herald). That means he cannot return to the team until he is approved through the league’s new concussion policy (which includes getting approval from the league’s own neurologist).
“It’s a concussion and he’s not even ready to take the test yet,’’ Rivers said. “We’ll just have to wait and see. He sounds great. I knew he had a concussion, but I was more worried about his neck. So we’re fortunate. I have no idea [when he will return], we haven’t talked about that.’’
“Via through text, we’ve been keeping up with him and making sure that his health is everything, that he’s ok,” said Kevin Garnett. “So it’s good to know that he’s alright. I think because of the concussion, he has to go through proper testing. But what’s most important is his health because that’s someone’s father, someone’s brother, someone’s son. And that’s what’s most important when it comes to these types of things.”
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13