Mar 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
There are times the helicopter is not there to take Kobe from Newport Beach to Los Angeles for Lakers games. There are times he has to head up the 405 and 110 freeways just like the rest of us schlubs.
Well, not exactly like the rest of us shlubs — Kobe can now do it in a Ferrari 458 Italia. Which is shiniest new toy on the Ferrari showroom floor. Of course it was TMZ with all the details (via Ball Don’t Lie).
According to our sources, Kobe’s new ride is a Ferrari 458 Italia (see below). We’re told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car … which he paid for in full with a check.
Apparently the divorce/non-divorce didn’t wipe him out too badly.
This is the car that Ferrari basically dropped a bunch of their F-1 technology into. So it is perfect for the 405 Freeway… where he might be able to get up to 60 miles and hour for a mile or two before traffic grinds him to a halt.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11