Mar 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
There are times the helicopter is not there to take Kobe from Newport Beach to Los Angeles for Lakers games. There are times he has to head up the 405 and 110 freeways just like the rest of us schlubs.
Well, not exactly like the rest of us shlubs — Kobe can now do it in a Ferrari 458 Italia. Which is shiniest new toy on the Ferrari showroom floor. Of course it was TMZ with all the details (via Ball Don’t Lie).
According to our sources, Kobe’s new ride is a Ferrari 458 Italia (see below). We’re told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car … which he paid for in full with a check.
Apparently the divorce/non-divorce didn’t wipe him out too badly.
This is the car that Ferrari basically dropped a bunch of their F-1 technology into. So it is perfect for the 405 Freeway… where he might be able to get up to 60 miles and hour for a mile or two before traffic grinds him to a halt.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7