Mar 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
There are times the helicopter is not there to take Kobe from Newport Beach to Los Angeles for Lakers games. There are times he has to head up the 405 and 110 freeways just like the rest of us schlubs.
Well, not exactly like the rest of us shlubs — Kobe can now do it in a Ferrari 458 Italia. Which is shiniest new toy on the Ferrari showroom floor. Of course it was TMZ with all the details (via Ball Don’t Lie).
According to our sources, Kobe’s new ride is a Ferrari 458 Italia (see below). We’re told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car … which he paid for in full with a check.
Apparently the divorce/non-divorce didn’t wipe him out too badly.
This is the car that Ferrari basically dropped a bunch of their F-1 technology into. So it is perfect for the 405 Freeway… where he might be able to get up to 60 miles and hour for a mile or two before traffic grinds him to a halt.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10