Mar 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
There are times the helicopter is not there to take Kobe from Newport Beach to Los Angeles for Lakers games. There are times he has to head up the 405 and 110 freeways just like the rest of us schlubs.
Well, not exactly like the rest of us shlubs — Kobe can now do it in a Ferrari 458 Italia. Which is shiniest new toy on the Ferrari showroom floor. Of course it was TMZ with all the details (via Ball Don’t Lie).
According to our sources, Kobe’s new ride is a Ferrari 458 Italia (see below). We’re told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car … which he paid for in full with a check.
Apparently the divorce/non-divorce didn’t wipe him out too badly.
This is the car that Ferrari basically dropped a bunch of their F-1 technology into. So it is perfect for the 405 Freeway… where he might be able to get up to 60 miles and hour for a mile or two before traffic grinds him to a halt.
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 0
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 23
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)