Mar 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
There are times the helicopter is not there to take Kobe from Newport Beach to Los Angeles for Lakers games. There are times he has to head up the 405 and 110 freeways just like the rest of us schlubs.
Well, not exactly like the rest of us shlubs — Kobe can now do it in a Ferrari 458 Italia. Which is shiniest new toy on the Ferrari showroom floor. Of course it was TMZ with all the details (via Ball Don’t Lie).
According to our sources, Kobe’s new ride is a Ferrari 458 Italia (see below). We’re told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car … which he paid for in full with a check.
Apparently the divorce/non-divorce didn’t wipe him out too badly.
This is the car that Ferrari basically dropped a bunch of their F-1 technology into. So it is perfect for the 405 Freeway… where he might be able to get up to 60 miles and hour for a mile or two before traffic grinds him to a halt.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5