Mar 26, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
The Chicago Bulls continue to do their best imitation of the NHL’s Blackhawks during the playoffs, not really telling anybody what is going on with injuries to Richard Hamilton and Derrick Rose, but some things are starting to leak out.
Hamilton could be back by the next game, but Rose seems farther off — even though he is itching to get back on the court.
Rose is still not running after straining his groin, but you can tell from his comments before the game how much he wants to play. Via the twitter account of Aggrey Sam, Bulls insider for CSNChicago.com.
“Right when I feel that I’m ready, I’m going to go out there and play, no matter who says whatever… The call is up to me and right when I feel like I’m 100 percent or close to it, I’m going to go out there and play.”
Groins can be tricky and easy to re-aggravate, so the Bulls might be smart to really get Rose right before his return. In part because he doesn’t know any speed but 100 mph, and partly because they really, really need him to be right in the playoffs.
Rip Hamilton, out with a shoulder injury, could be ready to go maybe by next game. Rose thinks he looks ready, according to a report filed by Sam.
“He’s looking good. He’s moving better than I am right now. He’s in the practice. I’m just on the side, just watching. But he’s moving good. If anything, I think that he’ll be able to play any given night.
“He’s shooting a lot of shots. You saw him over there, after practice shooting. He’s getting back to his regular self.”
The Bulls will need him as well come the postseason. Hamilton has not played a lot this season — just 16 of the teams 51 games as of Monday — but when he has played he has provided a second scoring option on the perimeter the Bulls need.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 23
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 55
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3