Mar 26, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Knicks fans, this should make you a little nervous — Amare Stoudemire is having back issues late in the season. That’s what happened last year and if history repeats itself it will be very difficult for the Knicks to get out of the first round.
Actually, they have to get into the playoffs first and Monday night they take on a Milwaukee team just 1.5 games back of New York, the current 8 seed in the East. It’s a big game — New York will either be half a game or 2.5 up on the Bucks by the end of the night.
Lin likely will go. He has a sore right knee and sat out the end of the game against Detroit Saturday. However, after a day off he took part in the Knicks shootaround Monday. Unless that was enough to get it to tighten up again he will go.
Stoudemire was not at the shootaround, he was getting an MRI done on his back according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. Stoudemire seems less likely to play.
Which would mean an even more Carmelo Anthony centric offense. If he remains cold like he has in recent games this could be a long night for the Knicks.
And can you imagine how Knicks fans would react to missing the playoffs all together? We’re a long way from that, the Knicks have played better defense of late, but it is not out of the question yet at all.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46