Mar 26, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Knicks fans, this should make you a little nervous — Amare Stoudemire is having back issues late in the season. That’s what happened last year and if history repeats itself it will be very difficult for the Knicks to get out of the first round.
Actually, they have to get into the playoffs first and Monday night they take on a Milwaukee team just 1.5 games back of New York, the current 8 seed in the East. It’s a big game — New York will either be half a game or 2.5 up on the Bucks by the end of the night.
Lin likely will go. He has a sore right knee and sat out the end of the game against Detroit Saturday. However, after a day off he took part in the Knicks shootaround Monday. Unless that was enough to get it to tighten up again he will go.
Stoudemire was not at the shootaround, he was getting an MRI done on his back according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. Stoudemire seems less likely to play.
Which would mean an even more Carmelo Anthony centric offense. If he remains cold like he has in recent games this could be a long night for the Knicks.
And can you imagine how Knicks fans would react to missing the playoffs all together? We’re a long way from that, the Knicks have played better defense of late, but it is not out of the question yet at all.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14