Mar 25, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
The Bulls won a game over Toronto 102-101 that they probably should have lost by all accounts, not only for the fact that the Raptors outplayed them for most of the game and had about 700 things go against them down the stretch, but mostly because the Bulls were without two of their best players in Derrick Rose (understatement) and Joakim Noah (ejected early on for being Noah).
And despite getting killed on the glass all night, the Bulls pulled it out thanks to Luol Deng, who had an off shooting night, with an offensive rebound, the Bulls’ bread and butter. Observe.
If the Bulls are going to win a title, it’s going to be off of plays like this. Their ability to crash the boards and finish off hustle plays is their biggest advantage. It means that when they aren’t winning with talent they can win with the scrap plays. The Raptors were on the second game of a back to back in overtime, and just didn’t have the legs. But Chicago had its own disadvantages, and got the win. That’s what great teams do.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 13
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28