Mar 25, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
The Bulls won a game over Toronto 102-101 that they probably should have lost by all accounts, not only for the fact that the Raptors outplayed them for most of the game and had about 700 things go against them down the stretch, but mostly because the Bulls were without two of their best players in Derrick Rose (understatement) and Joakim Noah (ejected early on for being Noah).
And despite getting killed on the glass all night, the Bulls pulled it out thanks to Luol Deng, who had an off shooting night, with an offensive rebound, the Bulls’ bread and butter. Observe.
If the Bulls are going to win a title, it’s going to be off of plays like this. Their ability to crash the boards and finish off hustle plays is their biggest advantage. It means that when they aren’t winning with talent they can win with the scrap plays. The Raptors were on the second game of a back to back in overtime, and just didn’t have the legs. But Chicago had its own disadvantages, and got the win. That’s what great teams do.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48