Mar 25, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
The Spurs are the funniest team in the league you don’t know is funny. From their HEB commercials to Popovich clowning Shaq with a Hack-A-Shaq two seconds into the game, they come off as a boring club, but really, they’re pretty entertaining.
On the official roster that each team submits before the game, the Spurs announced that Tim Duncan would not play as he did not dress. Typically there’s a reason. “Rest,” or “Personal Reasons,” etc. But it’s open-ended. So tonight, the Spurs listed the following, on the official box score.
Tim Duncan: DND-OLD
Duncan also picked up a technical in the game, a game he was not active for. So in a game in which his team listed him as “Did not dress – old,” he picked up a technical foul while in a blazer which Malik Rose mentioned was more dressed up than he was at his own wedding.
Someday Tim Duncan and these Spurs will be gone, and it will be sad.
(Editor’s note: The author of this post is an editor a blogger at Hardwood Paroxysm. The post above was not posted by the author or with prior knowledge of the author. So I didn’t set up this big thing to get traffic, basically. I’m not that smart. Popovich is that smart, though I’m pretty sure he hates blogs.)
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48