Mar 25, 2012, 11:19 PM EST
The Spurs are the funniest team in the league you don’t know is funny. From their HEB commercials to Popovich clowning Shaq with a Hack-A-Shaq two seconds into the game, they come off as a boring club, but really, they’re pretty entertaining.
On the official roster that each team submits before the game, the Spurs announced that Tim Duncan would not play as he did not dress. Typically there’s a reason. “Rest,” or “Personal Reasons,” etc. But it’s open-ended. So tonight, the Spurs listed the following, on the official box score.
Tim Duncan: DND-OLD
Duncan also picked up a technical in the game, a game he was not active for. So in a game in which his team listed him as “Did not dress – old,” he picked up a technical foul while in a blazer which Malik Rose mentioned was more dressed up than he was at his own wedding.
Someday Tim Duncan and these Spurs will be gone, and it will be sad.
(Editor’s note: The author of this post is an editor a blogger at Hardwood Paroxysm. The post above was not posted by the author or with prior knowledge of the author. So I didn’t set up this big thing to get traffic, basically. I’m not that smart. Popovich is that smart, though I’m pretty sure he hates blogs.)
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30