Mar 25, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
The Spurs are the funniest team in the league you don’t know is funny. From their HEB commercials to Popovich clowning Shaq with a Hack-A-Shaq two seconds into the game, they come off as a boring club, but really, they’re pretty entertaining.
On the official roster that each team submits before the game, the Spurs announced that Tim Duncan would not play as he did not dress. Typically there’s a reason. “Rest,” or “Personal Reasons,” etc. But it’s open-ended. So tonight, the Spurs listed the following, on the official box score.
Tim Duncan: DND-OLD
Duncan also picked up a technical in the game, a game he was not active for. So in a game in which his team listed him as “Did not dress – old,” he picked up a technical foul while in a blazer which Malik Rose mentioned was more dressed up than he was at his own wedding.
Someday Tim Duncan and these Spurs will be gone, and it will be sad.
(Editor’s note: The author of this post is an editor a blogger at Hardwood Paroxysm. The post above was not posted by the author or with prior knowledge of the author. So I didn’t set up this big thing to get traffic, basically. I’m not that smart. Popovich is that smart, though I’m pretty sure he hates blogs.)
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20