Mar 25, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
The Spurs are the funniest team in the league you don’t know is funny. From their HEB commercials to Popovich clowning Shaq with a Hack-A-Shaq two seconds into the game, they come off as a boring club, but really, they’re pretty entertaining.
On the official roster that each team submits before the game, the Spurs announced that Tim Duncan would not play as he did not dress. Typically there’s a reason. “Rest,” or “Personal Reasons,” etc. But it’s open-ended. So tonight, the Spurs listed the following, on the official box score.
Tim Duncan: DND-OLD
Duncan also picked up a technical in the game, a game he was not active for. So in a game in which his team listed him as “Did not dress – old,” he picked up a technical foul while in a blazer which Malik Rose mentioned was more dressed up than he was at his own wedding.
Someday Tim Duncan and these Spurs will be gone, and it will be sad.
(Editor’s note: The author of this post is an editor a blogger at Hardwood Paroxysm. The post above was not posted by the author or with prior knowledge of the author. So I didn’t set up this big thing to get traffic, basically. I’m not that smart. Popovich is that smart, though I’m pretty sure he hates blogs.)
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 0
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 3
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17